Platy Gives Birth Day After Introduction As First Fish Into Establishe

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

nauticalnatalie71

Reaction score
Hi

I have had fish tanks a few years but still consider myself an amateur. Just got my old Biorb 60L back from my brother. All cleaned and re-established after two weeks empty and good water quality, nitrate levels fine. But......

I introduced two platys on Friday and as usual they got a little bit frightened by the shock of transfer etc. One keeps hiding in a plant (thought he had died but checked this morning and he's still there. :) And the other keeps an eye on me but is being shy (has investigated the tank but keeps low by the rock. Anyway yesterday I suddenly saw a Fry swim across the tank and then another. I reckon I saw about six but didn't keep watch. Worried as today both platy's are still hiding. The Fry are nowhere to be seen so I presume are either hiding in the plants or been eaten.

The water is fine so any ideas as to what I can do to encourage the platys out or shall I wait a week and then put two more in to make them feel more of a community? Normal light, no light or moonlight? Any advice welcome? Fry.jpgshy platys.jpg

Natalie

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back