Platy Breeding

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

shortd81

Reaction score
Will they breed in a breeding tank, the kind that floats? I brought one and was wondering if they would breed inside such a small area. If you think so how long should I keep them in there?

They relase there fry in the breeding tank but make sure u know that the fish will have the fry soon by looking at the gravid fish other wise she will be cramped in the small container :thumbs:

no, leave them both inthe big tank to breed. the little box is just for actually having the babies in and only keep her in there long enought to deliver, but don't put her in until you are absolutely sure she's ready to give birth

Well how would I be able to tell that she is about to have babies or even weather she is pregnant? In my twinbar I see that she has like a pink spot where everyone is telling me that a gravid spot should be. Does that mean that she is pregnant and that when the black gravid spot is there that is when she is going ready to give birth to her yound. i have the slightest idea how to tell when she is ready to have the fry and how to tell exactly if she is pregnant.

Pregnant platies will be fat (fatter than normal)
they will have very dark spots at the belly
They will tend to move around less
Just before pregnancy, they might eat very little

Gravid spots will be there long before giving birth

Most reactions

Back