Platy acting weird

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Mrizvi

Reaction score
Hello,
My 10 gallon tank is 2 months old now. It has 2 Platys, 5 Neon, 2 Glo fish and 2 Cory Catfish.
I feel it has more than it can handle. Local store says it is fine.
Coming to the point - I had lost a Platy a month back and got another one. For last two days, the older Platy is inactive, tries to hide in a corner. Other fishes are normal. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Hello,
My 10 gallon tank is 2 months old now. It has 2 Platys, 5 Neon, 2 Glo fish and 2 Cory Catfish.
I feel it has more than it can handle. Local store says it is fine.
Coming to the point - I had lost a Platy a month back and got another one. For last two days, the older Platy is inactive, tries to hide in a corner. Other fishes are normal. Any ideas what could be wrong?
what type of glow fish and you should have 6 cory catfish as they are a schooling fish. i'm pretty sure that depending on the speices of glow fish they might need a 20 gallon. this advice i would ask byron or essjay for my help

What sexes are your platies?

Do you know the pH or hardness of your water? You can look them up on your supplier's website if you don't know.

There a lot of different species that have been modified to produce glofish; some of them can be quite aggressive if kept in small numbers; do you know what your are? If not, can you get a picture of them?

I do agree with fish boi that you have some issues with your stocking, but we can look at that later.

Do you have test kits? When did you last do a water change and how large was it?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back