Planted Freshwater Aquarium

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Looks very cool! I’ll need to find me a black background !
I use colored wrapping paper taped to the back. I bet you could fine black wrapping paper

Im going to go to the 99 cent store on Monday and get one of those large pieces of black contruction paper boards for my background. They are two for 99 cents
Those work too, and like you said cheaper. It is just that I am working on theme tanks and one is of a sunken forest. This background is a sunken forest that looks great and fits in on what I am working on. It has gloss black on the other side. I am going to put it on my 30 and later the 55 gallon.

Those work too, and like you said cheaper. It is just that I am working on theme tanks and one is of a sunken forest. This background is a sunken forest that looks great and fits in on what I am working on. It has gloss black on the other side. I am going to put it on my 30 and later the 55 gallon.
Very cool. Yea im just gonna do a plain black on the back of mine, to enhance the plants in the tank.. When I can find a gloss black I will get that .

Would love to see pictures!

This is my LOTR themed tank, the flash is too bright to do it justice and my sunken forest is a work in progress I have most of what I need but my sister offered me a nicer tank but I have to wait until June.

Attachments

• GEDC1166.JPG
    GEDC1166.JPG
    266.1 KB · Views: 84
  • GEDC1266.JPG
    GEDC1266.JPG
    301.6 KB · Views: 76
  • GEDC1190.JPG
    GEDC1190.JPG
    261 KB · Views: 96
Thank you, I was going to enter my LOTR tank in the tank of the month contest awhile back but my golden apple snails went on an rampage and destroyed several really nice looking plants and I never got the tank back to how nice it looked. Such is life ;)

Last edited:
I agree. I wish I could find someone trustworthy to buy from, etc. I looked here but no recent plant sales. I have bought one other time online and wasn't happy. When I lived in Oregon I had this amazing freshwater plant store I would buy all my plants from and they thrived. Where I live in California now, I literally have to drive 2 plus hours to get to a good freshwater aquarium store, and there is never any guarantee on them having good plants. And my local pet store only carries the hornwort and occasionally anubias. I was lucky to find those two aponogeton bulbs... Sooooo I don't know what to do.
Hi, I just ordered plants from the Aquarium Co-op in Everett, Wa. last week. Got them in a couple of days, Was very satisfied. I got 2 different kinds of Java ferns and between the 2 I ended up with 6 really nice plants. I also got a bunch of other plants too. My Val is already sending out runners. Check out Aquarium Co-op. They also have a whole bunch of videos.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back