FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Razzmatazz

Fish Fanatic
Fish of the Month 🌟
2x Tank of the Month 🏆
🏆 Tank of the Year 🏆
Reaction score
My plant lighting just went out. Still under warranty but it will probably be a few days before i get a new one. I still have the original LED light that came with the tank but its not very bright. Will my plants be alright under low lights for about a week? Thanks!

What kind of plants you got do ya know?

I would think they would be fine, the low light will be better than no light. Important to keep your same schedule though if you can, as fluctuating light schedules can stress plants out.

I recently went through a blackout treatment for 5 days to kill off some hair algae that popped up when I was out of town and cycling a new tank (with roommate help), and the stem plants and dwarf baby tears did fine with 0 light at all the whole time (if it makes ya feel any better). Some of it was a bit pale after the extended blackout, but it bounced right back with it's regular schedule and a dose of fertilizer.

Think it would depend on the plant though, some are definitely hardier than others.

I'm sure someone else can help more, but I hope this helps nontheless'

All depends on what plants you have really. Some plants are better off in low light. If they're plants that require high light intensity, then I would guess that a week may impact them slightly but they certainly won't die completely.

Thanks for the replies guys! All my plants are pretty much beginners plants. Anubias, amazon sword, java ferns, crypts, pogestemon, mayaca. I have a little baby tears thats has not done anything since i got it a month ago. Bought it without doing research when i first setup the tank. But for the most part, all low light. Just was not sure how low of a light they can go. And the orignal light is more bluish in color where my plant light was setup to be a bit more reddish.

Thanks for the replies guys! All my plants are pretty much beginners plants. Anubias, amazon sword, java ferns, crypts, pogestemon, mayaca. I have a little baby tears thats has not done anything since i got it a month ago. Bought it without doing research when i first setup the tank. But for the most part, all low light. Just was not sure how low of a light they can go. And the orignal light is more bluish in color where my plant light was setup to be a bit more reddish.
If it’s only for a few days you should be ok . The only plant I worry a little bit about is the crypts as they don’t like change at all but if they do melt it should only be a very small amount and they will bounce back when you get your new light .

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back