General1411.jpg

General1410.jpg

General1409.jpg

General1408.jpg

General1407.jpg

General1406.jpg

General1405.jpg

General1404.jpg

i'm afraid you've been had a little here...

photos 2,3,4 and 7 are all none aquatics.

Yeah, we figured that would be the case, which was why we got so many different ones, playing the odds a bit. It's what happens when you only pay £2 for 20 plants!!!
Any ideas on the names of the aquatic ones?

1- Either Myaca or Myriophyllum (1/100 chance of it surviving more than 5 minutes)
2- Dracenia of some kind kind, poss reflexa (not aquatics)
3- Cant remember but NOT aquatic
4- Ophioghon Japonica - NOT aquatic
5- Elodea Densa (common oxygenting weed, can grow)
6- Cabomba Aquatica (green cabomba, can grow)
7- Selgainella Wildenowii (umbrella fern) NOT aquatic
8- Cabomba piauhyensis (Red Cabomba) Can be grown but being red, it has high light requirements.

Mm-hmmm. It was indeed levi something! Is he notorious around these here parts? :rolleyes:

To be honest, I'm not bothered. We wanted cheap plants so that we could set the tank up. It's our first tank and we wanted to give it a go on the cheap, see what we were good at, see what we wanted to continue with etc etc. I obviously won't be using the non-aquatics but I'll give the others a go. It will help me to see the 'vision' of what I want the finished tank to look like.
We're not experts and we knew this was, for us, going to be trial and error so we'll see what happens!

Although perhaps we'll be getting silk plants after all.................................. :lol:

...dont get silk. they dont grow :( there's lots of aquatic plants out there. just research some =]

My friend is giving some of her anubias and java fern so at least we'll have 2 that should hopefully survive!! :D

have a look at crypts as well =] there easy to grow plants which look nice. personally i like moss's. java moss is easiest to grow =]

the only reason I guessed it was that seller was a few of the plants you got, I also got. I had ordered off him a few months back and 80% of the plants were non aquatic, had to bring up a dispute with ebay as they were sold as aquarium plants. I won my money back, ok its not alot of money but what ever the price they should send aquarium plants if that is what they are advertising, I even told him what ones were no good in a fish tank and I see he is still sending out the same ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back