Plant ID required please

• Thread starter Deleted member 149562
  • Start date
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
D

Deleted member 149562

OK so I am still defying the odds on my plant killing ability in the 53 gallon. This plant is another in the collection that I requested Pro-Shrimp to supply for me, they made the choices and I cannot find the list anymore.

It is not easy to see the plant in question, so I shall describe it as well as post photo's of it.

It is a bulb. Very long stems and the leaves are like lace....more holes than leaf.

I have two of these plants, the one photographed is the easiest to find (the other is down the back somewhere)

I am quite astounded that so far no plants have actually curled up and died yet....they don't get any fertilisers apart from fish waste, they get low light for 8 hours a day and the bottled water gets changed twice a week. That is all that they are getting, nothing fancy.

IMG_20220914_074342_resized_20220914_074502237.jpg IMG_20220914_074418_resized_20220914_074501787.jpg
The Ram is kindly hovering beside one leaf of the plant (it is amongst the silicone plants....the jury is still out on removing those since I still doubt my ability to keep the real ones alive)

Thank you in advance

a google search lists them as "Aponogeton madagascariensis" or "Madagascar laceleaf"
Yep...certainly looks like that....(plants and me do not get on usually so would not have known what to look for)

Thank you

from what I was reading that's actually a somewhat rare plant and endangered in the wild
you should definitely keep them

from what I was reading that's actually a somewhat rare plant and endangered in the wild
you should definitely keep them
Oh...heck.....the resident plant killer has rare plants......uh-oh.......well they are alive at the moment and hopefully they will stay that way......trust me, the resident plant killer, to have rare plants..... :eek:

Also known as madagascar lace plant.I’ve tried these with no success .So good luck 🤞

I remember a time when these were the archetypical difficult plants to grow, so don't beat yourself up if yours fail! Never risked trying them myself.

I cannot see a Madagascar Lace plant in those photos. All the plants appear to be Echinodorus species, commonly called Sword plants.

How long have you had them? This relates to the fertilizer issue. There is some evidence of nutrient deficiency here.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back