Plant Id Please!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

RyanV

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
After purchasing my plants for my tank I honestly forgot what they are called and would be a great help if I knew so they get the proper care. Could you also tell me a bit about them and the care if you know? Also tell me if you need more pictures :)

Plant 1: (Some of the leaves look like they are turning a bit pink is this okay?)

imag0624.jpg

imag0623o.jpg

imag0622s.jpg

Plant 2: (Does this one look healthy?)

imag0620h.jpg

imag0619.jpg

imag0618k.jpg

Plant one looks similar to heteranthera zosterifolia. Plant two hygrophila polysperma maybe or ludwiga.

First is pogostemon stellata (also known as eustralis)
Second is probably alternanthera reineckii, in which case it's probably fine.

Good call DrRob, tho I thought the latter had more of a crinckled appearence to leave edges? Love the look of the first plant ( by the way, DrRob, just seen a topic closen in new tank section, breach of rule 6 and 7. Whats the breach as don't know the rules?)

Thanks DrRob those look like a match :) When I searched pogostemon stellata most sites said it's a pretty hard plant to grow, do you think my lights are enough for it and the dirted soil? I am getting a co2 system soon, but is there anything else I can do to help it?

I've not had a chance to grow the stellata yet. I've always got distracted when it's been around or it's been out of stock, but it's apparently one of the more demanding for light.

If it's showing some red then that's probably a fairly good sign, but time will tell.

True mate, very difficult plant to grow as it will randomly stop growing and people panic.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back