Plant Eaters

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

MewMew42

Fish Herder
Reaction score
rigth so Ive been really busy with uni and fishy work I havent been able to get on here, but this is an issue I can't ignore now!

In my tank I added some anubias and a couple of other hardy plants into my setup of 2 apple snails, 2 female bettas, 3 sparkling gouramis, 5 harlequins [purple] and 3 pencil fish.

and my plants are destroyed...no stems just leaves, and no leaves just stems on the anubias!

my moneys on teh apple snails? what do you think...?

rigth so Ive been really busy with uni and fishy work I havent been able to get on here, but this is an issue I can't ignore now!

In my tank I added some anubias and a couple of other hardy plants into my setup of 2 apple snails, 2 female bettas, 3 sparkling gouramis, 5 harlequins [purple] and 3 pencil fish.

and my plants are destroyed...no stems just leaves, and no leaves just stems on the anubias!

my moneys on teh apple snails? what do you think...?

That's weird. Anubias are pretty tough, can't see anything in your stock that could destroy them.

As for stem plants, I've had a few in the past that haven't done well and just disintegrated.

My money would be on the snails too, although why they'd go for Anubias instead of softer plants idk. Do you put lettuce or similar in for them? Maybe you have hidden ramshorn snails, they're making mincemeat of my E.tennellus atm
angry.gif

Its the snails, Apple Snails especially love plants :drool:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back