Plant Disease. Dust Like Formation. Photo Included - Help!

totally tropical

Fish Fanatic
Joined
May 22, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
The Boro
Apologies, but I have already posted on the plants forum without reply as I post so I thought I would give you guys and gals a try.

I have a thick ' thick dust like substance' on all of my plants as seen in pic, it is on my Cabomba, Densa etc. Not sure if it is just food accumulation, some type of algae, disease or what? I have done water checks and all are ok.

If you rub the plant the dust like substance comes off with no effect to the plant - the plant then looks how it should. It is something that I want to address asap.

Pic to follow..........
 
Apologies, but I have already posted on the plants forum without reply as I post so I thought I would give you guys and gals a try.

I have a thick ' thick dust like substance' on all of my plants as seen in pic, it is on my Cabomba, Densa etc. Not sure if it is just food accumulation, some type of algae, disease or what? I have done water checks and all are ok.

If you rub the plant the dust like substance comes off with no effect to the plant - the plant then looks how it should. It is something that I want to address asap.

Pic to follow..........

Sorry, am unable to post pic though you can see the pic on the plants forum post - many thanks.
 
Picture from other thread:

post-51818-1246180106.jpg



Looks like excessive detritus, do you gravel vaccuum and how often?
 
Apologies, but I have already posted on the plants forum without reply as I post so I thought I would give you guys and gals a try.

I have a thick ' thick dust like substance' on all of my plants as seen in pic, it is on my Cabomba, Densa etc. Not sure if it is just food accumulation, some type of algae, disease or what? I have done water checks and all are ok.

If you rub the plant the dust like substance comes off with no effect to the plant - the plant then looks how it should. It is something that I want to address asap.

Pic to follow..........

Sorry, am unable to post pic though you can see the pic on the plants forum post - many thanks.

Thank you so much for uploading pic for me on this post, much appreciated.

I gravel vacuum every fortnight. Would you suggest I up it to weekly?
 
I gravel vacuum twice a week it is how I do my water changes might aswell kill 2 birds with one stone. Malaysian trumpet snails wil also help by turning the sand and they eat detritus, some consider them a pest but if you get too many and it becomes an issue you are feeding your fish too much.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top