Planning New Tank

Christi_22

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jan 15, 2009
Messages
386
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
London
Hi

I have just acquired new 3ft tank not yet cycled. (38 US Gallons). So far I have:
External Filter Eheim Professional 2324

I am thinking:
Substrate - Sand/Peat
Plants - not sure (yet) but would definitely like natural look
Fish - 3 Gold Gouramis,(1M 2F) 6 Oddessa Barb, 2 BN Pleco's (or maybe some Cory's)??

Would also like to add shoal of Harlequin Rasboras

How does this sound?

Suggestions and ideas most welcome

I am dreaming of the new tank, (really!) lol so all advice etc. very welcome

Cheers
C
 
Hi

I have just acquired new 3ft tank not yet cycled. (38 US Gallons). So far I have:
External Filter Eheim Professional 2324

I am thinking:
Substrate - Sand/Peat
Plants - not sure (yet) but would definitely like natural look
Fish - 3 Gold Gouramis,(1M 2F) 6 Oddessa Barb, 2 BN Pleco's (or maybe some Cory's)??

Would also like to add shoal of Harlequin Rasboras

How does this sound?

Suggestions and ideas most welcome. Don't want to overstock

I am dreaming of the new tank, (really!) lol so all advice etc. very welcome



Cheers
C


Anyone???
 
I probably would not get any Corys if you are going to have BN Pleco's. Just because the BN Pleco's are bottom dwellers just like the Corys are.

Other than that, everything looks good. :good:

I would say there is still a little more room for another kind of fish.

Hopefully someone with a little more knowledge than me will come by and give you more advice on fish selection.

-FHM :fish:
 
Hi & Thanks.

I was thinking Bristlenoses OR Cory's, or maybe even Otos.(not all species together).lol.

Definitely want to move my 2 female gold Gouramis (currently in 20G). They are getting huge. Also have one Odessa Barb in the 75L and would love to give him some company with his own kind. Other then that i am open minded :)
 
Hi & Thanks.

I was thinking Bristlenoses OR Cory's, or maybe even Otos.(not all species together).lol.

Definitely want to move my 2 female gold Gouramis (currently in 20G). They are getting huge. Also have one Odessa Barb in the 75L and would love to give him some company with his own kind. Other then that i am open minded :)
It is pretty much whatever you want to get for the bottom dwellers.

If it were me I would get either the Bristlenoses or the Cory's! :good:

-FHM
 
Also, BN Pleco can be messy, and do get relatively big, so you might want to go with the Corys.

You could go with Synodontis Petricola cat fish. I have three of them in my 29!

If you do get those, make sure you get at least three, as they like to be in groups. :good:

-FHM
 
Well...I have 1 BN Male pleco currently residing in the 20 Gallon. I was thinking of moving him to the larger tank and adding a female also. or leaving him where he is and adding different Catfish to the larger tank. Its all in the planning stage, Think I will need to do some big time research!!
 
No problem with a BN and cories, I have both, they wont bother each other.

Your suggested stocking looks good to me :)
 
Thanks for the responses.

Would this be considered maximum stocking, or would there be room for any other additions??? (you know... just in case)

On a completely different subject, Binx my Cat has just eaten all the Mosquito Larvae that I had left out to defrost. (AGAIN) He eats more than the fish do!! lol Must remember to cover them up next time!!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top