Planning ideas for future paludarium

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Waterstrider

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Iā€™m looking at different ideas for an island paludarium.
It looks like other people are using coconut husks and other things but my inverts (ants) may consume that, so Iā€™m looking at way to build islands.
Also wondered if I could keep my 10 gallon tank partially underwater in my 55 as a base for the main island . Ideas, complaints?

plastic pots for plants and plastic storage containers. use silicon to glue sand or gravel to the sides of the containers.

Iā€™m looking at different ideas for an island paludarium.
It looks like other people are using coconut husks and other things but my inverts (ants) may consume that, so Iā€™m looking at way to build islands.
Also wondered if I could keep my 10 gallon tank partially underwater in my 55 as a base for the main island . Ideas, complaints?
If you havenā€™t already, take a look at the youtube channel ā€˜AntsCanadaā€™ he is a great youtuber and makes some amazing paludariums.

I think you can use rock and driftwood to make a barrier around the land part,then put dirt in it ?

Or you can make a glass barrier between the land part and the water part

I think you can use rock and driftwood to make a barrier around the land part,then put dirt in it ?

Or you can make a glass barrier between the land part and the water part
Yeah. I was wondering if I could just set my 10g inside my 55. Only drawback I see is that there wouldnā€™t be drainage

If you havenā€™t already, take a look at the youtube channel ā€˜AntsCanadaā€™ he is a great youtuber and makes some amazing paludariums.
Yeah lol, Iā€™ve seen a couple but Iā€™m nowhere near that advanced lol.
I actually had the idea and then saw him already trying it lol. Thing is his bases are already set up when he starts

Yeah lol, Iā€™ve seen a couple but Iā€™m nowhere near that advanced lol.
I actually had the idea and then saw him already trying it lol. Thing is his bases are already set up when he starts
Try watching SerpaDesign, he runs you through the whole process.

I've used egg crate with mesh screen for my paludarium to separate land and water.

Some of the soil needs to remain moderately dry for invert burrows so I was considering putting containers in that are separate from main soil

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back