Irf
Fish Crazy
Hi all,
I'm looking around for quotes for a large malawi/plec tank from various custom tank builders.
But regardig filtration i was initially planning on using 3 large canister filters, but I'm not certain the tunrover will be enough. Can you please help? The tank i am planning on getting is 6ft x 2ft x 2.5ft (LWH). Looking at the filter specs, the water would be turned over around 2-3 times per hour. I have a feeling this is too low, but I'm not sure so I was hoping someone could advise please....
Or should I definitely be going for a sump?
Thanks,
Irf.
I'm looking around for quotes for a large malawi/plec tank from various custom tank builders.
But regardig filtration i was initially planning on using 3 large canister filters, but I'm not certain the tunrover will be enough. Can you please help? The tank i am planning on getting is 6ft x 2ft x 2.5ft (LWH). Looking at the filter specs, the water would be turned over around 2-3 times per hour. I have a feeling this is too low, but I'm not sure so I was hoping someone could advise please....
Or should I definitely be going for a sump?
Thanks,
Irf.







