Pirahna Question

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

swordtail_king83

Reaction score
I have an adult red bellied piranha. I want to get another 1 or 2 piranhas so he wont be a lonely fish lol. if I go to my LFS and buy a few juvie pirahnas (spotted ones) and put them in with him wud he get along with them ok since they are his species or will he just think they are food and eat them??. I know pirahnas are pack hunters so I was wondering if I added a few juvies in with him if that wud be ok??

my tank is a 29 gallon. the adult is full grown (5 inches long or so, very deep bodied, red belly) the juvies I want to add are the size of juvies u see at the LFS that have the spots. (2inches?)

my tank is a 29 gallon. the adult is full grown (5 inches long or so, very deep bodied, red belly) the juvies I want to add are the size of juvies u see at the LFS that have the spots. (2inches?)

that adult is someway off full grown - some of mine are pushing 10" and still going. expect them to grow at least another inch. 29G is IMO too small for even one so I wouldnt add others.

5 inches is nowhere near full grown.....your 29 gallon tank is not big enough to properly keep ONE piranha, no way you should be adding more.....for 3 piranhas you should have a 75 gallon minimum

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back