Pictus Catfish

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

roseykat5

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hello roomies

i purchased two pictus katfish.. was told by two girls that they work well with jd i have a pair . with 4clown loaches and two plecos ... in a 90 gal with lots of hiding places ... one got killed within few hours and i had to take other one out and put him in ten gal temprarly good thing im getting 80 gal later on to place him ...

my biggest questions is what can i put him with what community fish ... i want to fill with plants and lots of fish so any help would appreciated and my husband wants discus... i can handle that no plms just not sure on where to start with this poor fish... i read on it and was said to be good with jd.... so no luck there ... i guess ill have to let them live thier life then start over in that 90 gal tank .
what goes well with pictus katfish ... i would love to hear what you all suggest and alll advice is greatly appreciated

i have four pictus catfish, they need alot of room because are very very active, they make funny vibration nosie's<sound like mobile vibrating>
The prob i feel you have is adding others to a pair of jd's domain, esp if a breeding pair, mine are kept with snakehead's/tinfoil barbs/red tailed black shark/silver shark's/plec/chocolate cichlid/senegal birchir/hoplo catfish, one other thing be careful when netting them, they have three spine's two next to fins and one on top, these get caught in nets its either cut the net or rip the spine of the fish<not good> with mine i get a fish bag and place it in the net wraping it over to form a bag net, harder to chase them ,but once caught you have no worries and fish is not out of water either :lol:

what would go with pictus katfish go with discus with a school of rummynose fish or what other ones would go with them....let me know ... i m hoping to get some feedback by noon

as long as nothing fits in there mouth, they are a peacful fish reaching about 6inche's and very active, i reccomend keeping them in a group with maybe something like the larger tetra's/maybe congo tetra, krib's the smaller south/central american cichlid's,reed fish senegal brichir, ive never kept discus so not sure with them sorry...basically any tetra or fish around 4inch and above id say,hoplo catfish are another great catfish

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back