Pictures Of Kolkata(India) Fish Market On 7.3.2010

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

discus_lover

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Kolkata is one of the biggest and finest city ever in India. this kolkata is also famous for aquarium fish lovers. in kolkata there's a place cal;led gallif street where each sunday this fish market occurs. here i upload few pictures of that fish market. this is not at all only fish market though but a lots of plants and birds also sell in this market.
see the pictures of that fish in my blog,i recently post that article in my blog.go and check it...i think it looks crazy for you...
here's the link of the fish market pictures...
http://discusfishcaresecrets.blogspot.com/2010/03/gallif-street-fish-market-kolkata-on.html

Very Nice, never realised there was a market there

apart from fish birds,dogs,garden plants also sell here..here in this market you can find just everything related with aquarium...

Cool, When We go to India, We stay in Mohali,Chandigarh and Machhiwara,Samrala. Have only found 1 LFS in Chandigarh and the Prices were soooooooooooooo Cheap. Could not do a currency exchange on some fish, as they were so cheap.

dont like seeing the discus like that :S

once if you come here in kolkata you can find that fish market in each sunday.yes it's true that fish and other fish related things are soooooo cheap here and cheaper here in the fish market too...

yes i also know that selling discus like this fashion is not right, but the sellers always very careful about the oxygen of discus which they provide and the most important fact is they generally sell all of their discus with in 2 hours as discus fish here is the most popular fish...

Looks just like the japanese markets, and how they sell alot of fish in bags.

ya, Japanese fish market is the biggest fish market ever in this world. after that the fish market at Thailand and Malaysia are big. then we can easily say that the Indian fish market. when a customer want to buy a fish the sellers open the plastic bag and take the fish that he/she wants and then finally take it on a new bag with proper oxygen...

there are many places where you can see aquarium. here we have science city and children's gallery... there you can many aquarium with all types of freshwater fish...marine fish is rear here..
but here in kolkata you find aquarium in every 6 house out of 10 houses...

Kolkata is one of the biggest and finest city ever in India. this kolkata is also famous for aquarium fish lovers. in kolkata there's a place cal;led gallif street where each sunday this fish market occurs. here i upload few pictures of that fish market. this is not at all only fish market though but a lots of plants and birds also sell in this market.
see the pictures of that fish in my blog,i recently post that article in my blog.go and check it...i think it looks crazy for you...
here's the link of the fish market pictures...
http://discusfishcaresecrets.blogspot.com/2010/03/gallif-street-fish-market-kolkata-on.html

Sir do you stay in Kolkata? is buying fish from ghalib street is safe????

ya i live in kolkata...which type of fish you want to buy from there?ya it's safe,i think after buying fish you can oxygen it then it will have no problem at all...

ya i live in kolkata...which type of fish you want to buy from there?ya it's safe,i think after buying fish you can oxygen it then it will have no problem at all...
I'm new to this hobby & want to know all the pros & cons about this... I'm studying in college...Will u plz tell me where 2 buy..what to start with..how to manage,etc. I'm seeking help from experienced aquarium owners like u..plz rply...plz...

i am also in the college...i think gallif street is the best place to buy,but before buy you have to check the fish which you buy carefully. bcoz there comes lots of fish with poor quality. do you have aquarium at present? if have then which type of fish you keep there? do you know the compatible fishes with them? if you have any problem then contact with me...my email id [email protected]
where do you live? come on the gmail and make a mail i'll answer all of your problems....hope you will do this..
thanks....

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back