Picture Of The Month?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

josh63762

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hey guys I would like to suggest we make a pic of the month competition :) pics can be take of anything tank related fish,plants, decor etc and the pics will be judged on clarity and rarity and on the interests of the voters? Thoughts? :)

Ninjouzata said:
Those already exist, unless I am misunderstanding
tongue2.gif
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/forum/167-competitions/
Yes these competitions are for specific things, Tank, Fish, Pet.
I can see what josh means, more of an open category where you can enter any fish related photo, where the emphasis would be on the quality andĀ compositionĀ of the photo rather than the photo subject, eg fish, plant etc
Ā 

Shadders said:
Ā 
Those already exist, unless I am misunderstanding
tongue2.gif
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/forum/167-competitions/
Yes these competitions are for specific things, Tank, Fish, Pet.
I can see what josh means, more of an open category where you can enter any fish related photo, where the emphasis would be on the quality andĀ compositionĀ of the photo rather than the photo subject, eg fish, plant etc
Ā 
Ā 
Ah okay I getcha! I'm not the brightest, sorry. :D

I like to see good quality photos in all the competitions.Ā  My fear is that if we have a separate competition for photography skills then the best photos end up there and the others will suffer as a result.

daizeUK said:
I like to see good quality photos in all the competitions.Ā  My fear is that if we have a separate competition for photography skills then the best photos end up there and the others will suffer as a result.
True,
Ā 
I too tend to vote more for quality photos rather than rarity of subject, saying that if its a good composition but not the best quality they will still get my vote, I like to see that people have at least taken some time to try and get the best photo they canĀ rather than just point and click

hi guys thanks for your thoughts and shadders thanks for clearing that up :) I would like to think that potm and totm and fotm are voted on rarity and looks (of the animal or tank) and how cute or well groomed the animal. I would propose that pic ofbthe month be composition clarity and perspective associated :)

I don't like this idea tbh. If we have a seperate comp for ' good qualiTy photos' then we can be sure to have a loss in entries in other comps.

So it is a comp based more on the skills of the photographer than the subject matter. What you will end up with is FOTM and TOTM just easier to see what is going on. I think this wont matter because we all love to see what other people have got, lets face it if some of there house gets in the picture who cares, I dont know anyone who isnt nosey, and for everyone else (me included) there is good ol FOTM and TOTM for us to enter our poor quality phone pictures. Yay!

I like this idea a lot but how would you insure that the photo entered was taken by the member?

I know many members have photo skills but I'm going to have to say no to a new contest. There's a non-fish photo section where people can show off what they do. Personally I'd like to reduce our contests down to just Fish and Tank of the month.

tcamos said:
Personally I'd like to reduce our contests down to just Fish and Tank of the month.
Despite forever entering my cats into POTM, I'd support this too. I'd also support a streamlining of the sections eg various pet sections. Yes, I know it was only recently expanded, but I'm not sure how much use they're all getting, and if they are needed?

Many of the pets are awesome but I would rather see something else aquarium related like a lobster/crab/invert of the month instead.

^ +1
You ninnies will be asking for a plant of the month next :p

Ha, I actually was going to type that but thought...no...I don't want that!

Most reactions

trending

Back