Pic - What’s growing on my fern?

The Big Figfetti

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jan 25, 2023
Messages
121
Reaction score
45
Points
28
Location
Texas
Total noob to plants. What is this? Does it grow like this usually?
Each of the stems is it’s own. They all came with a string wrapped around them. I noticed dots at first but now I’m seeing growth? If that’s what it is.
 

Attachments

  • 3C3ECC90-0638-43E4-8152-EBE7C13069D6.webp
    3C3ECC90-0638-43E4-8152-EBE7C13069D6.webp
    395.4 KB · Views: 166
  • 88658EE8-0ED1-4344-B8A7-D759F51C149F.webp
    88658EE8-0ED1-4344-B8A7-D759F51C149F.webp
    369.4 KB · Views: 137
Total noob to plants. What is this? Does it grow like this usually?
Each of the stems is it’s own. They all came with a string wrapped around them. I noticed dots at first but now I’m seeing growth? If that’s what it is.
your fern is producing babies! once they get big enough you can remove them
 
your fern is producing babies! once they get big enough you can remove them
Yay!!!! I am so excited at all the new growth I’m seeing. Finally noticing progress! 🤩🌱

So, for these ferns, will I not see more leaves coming from the rhizome? They each have their own, but I haven’t seen any new leaves come from any of them.
 
Yay!!!! I am so excited at all the new growth I’m seeing. Finally noticing progress! 🤩🌱

So, for these ferns, will I not see more leaves coming from the rhizome? They each have their own, but I haven’t seen any new leaves come from any of them.
the mother plant will continue to sprout leaves, for me aquatic ferns grow super slowly so i think as long as you wait long enough it will grow
 
They produce young plants by its roots and leaves.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top