PheonixKingZ - October 2020 Fish of the Month Winner

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I would have cropped the pic a bit....it was a good high resolution pic which would allow for cropping. But the main thing is the pic of your Betta was more than good enough to get 1/3 of all votes. WELL DONE!

Last edited:
Well done young un :)

The main things I didn't like about the picture were the white dots on the glass or surface, and the reflection above the fish. If you had managed to get the entire fish's reflection so it was like a mirror image above and below, and it was even, that would have looked great.

The fish was near the corner and the silicon is visible. This detracts from it a bit and it would have been better if the fish was further away from the corner and the silicon wasn't visible.

The only other issue is photographing the fish from underneath instead of level or slightly above it.

But it is in focus and has great colour, it's a good photo. :)
I read this and I thought "BRUTAL" - than I realised that you had actually given some excellent advice to help Phoenix take even better photos of his beautiful fish.

I hope he isn't demoralised by you post, and can see that it is actually a very positive one.

Well done young un :)

The main things I didn't like about the picture were the white dots on the glass or surface, and the reflection above the fish. If you had managed to get the entire fish's reflection so it was like a mirror image above and below, and it was even, that would have looked great.

The fish was near the corner and the silicon is visible. This detracts from it a bit and it would have been better if the fish was further away from the corner and the silicon wasn't visible.

The only other issue is photographing the fish from underneath instead of level or slightly above it.

But it is in focus and has great colour, it's a good photo. :)
Thanks for the advice!

Yes, that silicone looks bad in that photo, but if you are concentrated on the bettas you won’t see it. The reflection was also a second thought - didn’t even mean to do it. :good:

Here’s a cropped pic of the winning Betta
330E9CEC-4F16-4B08-A491-554B12F9DAAD.jpeg

My avatar picture was when I first got him - you can see how much his colors have enhanced. (Partially because of the new food I think)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back