Ok, so i have some major issues going on with my tank. I lost 5 pygmy cats and 3 rummy nose tetras.
I did a test and all is seems normal. PH is high though.
I bought 4 rummy nose tetras and added them on saturday 6/13/09. By the following sunday, I was down to 3 total. I did my cleaning on sunday (mentioned above) also, I removed my wood from the tank as well. I was unable to locate the body. Then last night i saw one hanging out in the amazon swords. His face had almost a white mask on it. Only the front, sides were fine. I grabbed him and took him out and put him in my 2.5 gal. tank.
So i go and get my co2 filled and come home to find another dead. Now i am down to 1 total.
PH is around 8.4. I added the smaller piece of wood back to the water to help lower the ph. Now we wait!!!
I have no idea how it got so high as I was getting readings of low 6's. 6.4 or 6.2.
update!!
I have looked at every possible answer, the only thing that seems to jump out is the ph.
my rummy nose and a white patch on his head, and last night one of my neon tetras had a bad huge patch on his top fin and it look as if the fin was completely rotted away, suffice to say, he is also now dead.
There is no wood in the tank and the ph is holding steady at 7.4.
I tested today at 1:00pm with lights off and no co2, tested at 8:30, lights on, co2 running at least 4 hours.
Ph is still 7.4.
I did however change the setup of the Co2 injection. I am now using my glass diffusor and the filter to push the bubbles across the tank.
Now we wait and see.
this is frustrating.
Oh, and this might help also, my swords are melting away so to speak. The lower leaves are dissolving away.
I understand it could be just the lower leaves, but i also have some micro swords and they are out in the open. They are also "melting away"
Not sure why this it. I am going to post this in an area that gets more traffic.
I copied this from my journal located at my sig if you want more info. Sorry if it jumps around a little.
I did a test and all is seems normal. PH is high though.
I bought 4 rummy nose tetras and added them on saturday 6/13/09. By the following sunday, I was down to 3 total. I did my cleaning on sunday (mentioned above) also, I removed my wood from the tank as well. I was unable to locate the body. Then last night i saw one hanging out in the amazon swords. His face had almost a white mask on it. Only the front, sides were fine. I grabbed him and took him out and put him in my 2.5 gal. tank.
So i go and get my co2 filled and come home to find another dead. Now i am down to 1 total.
PH is around 8.4. I added the smaller piece of wood back to the water to help lower the ph. Now we wait!!!
I have no idea how it got so high as I was getting readings of low 6's. 6.4 or 6.2.
update!!
I have looked at every possible answer, the only thing that seems to jump out is the ph.
my rummy nose and a white patch on his head, and last night one of my neon tetras had a bad huge patch on his top fin and it look as if the fin was completely rotted away, suffice to say, he is also now dead.
There is no wood in the tank and the ph is holding steady at 7.4.
I tested today at 1:00pm with lights off and no co2, tested at 8:30, lights on, co2 running at least 4 hours.
Ph is still 7.4.
I did however change the setup of the Co2 injection. I am now using my glass diffusor and the filter to push the bubbles across the tank.
Now we wait and see.
this is frustrating.
Oh, and this might help also, my swords are melting away so to speak. The lower leaves are dissolving away.
I understand it could be just the lower leaves, but i also have some micro swords and they are out in the open. They are also "melting away"
Not sure why this it. I am going to post this in an area that gets more traffic.
I copied this from my journal located at my sig if you want more info. Sorry if it jumps around a little.
/www.flickr.com/photos/36961634@N00/2242413263/






