PH controllers

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

david27

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi I'am going to install a pressurised Co2 system on my 120gal and have been looking at automatic controllers, In the uk these things are really pricey but in the states I've seen one for round about $90-110 its a milwaukee SMS122 pH monitor/controller.

Has anyone had any experience of one?

Cheers

David :fish:

Hi david27

I'm in the same boat, I now wish to include Co2 in my tank, still have a lot of concerns regarding the balance between Co2 PH and Oxygen.

I was going to get just a day / night solenoid. To switch off the Co2 during the night, my filtrations is very good almost 2500l/hr (100g tank)

I’m not sure what size bottle to go for, not very good at schedules ect.. so I would want one to last 6-9months?

I understand that PH as a direct relation to Co2, however I understand it costs a lot to have a PH probe (and they do not last long?)

I look forward to seeing what replies you have, I will read with interest.

cya
Jason

I keep marine fish and there is a lot of stuff like this involved. I would recamend the aquamedic computer but as you have said, these are very expensive :X . to keep the ph balanced in my reef, I have whats known as a refugium and that is reverse lit to the main tank. what you could do is adapt this to tropical tanks. all you need is a small tank that has a high density of plants. the reverse light this to your main tank and your ph will be balanced. if you add a small amount of co2, then your ph should stay constant. just an idea. also, d-d make a good cheap co2 kit which sells for around £90. it uses disposable bottles and you get a solenoid, gauges valves etc.

http://www.deltecaquariumsolutions.com/co2set.php

Hi the milwaukee sms122 actually monitors the ph and automatically switches Co2 on and off. I'am planning to import the whole system except regulator and bottles.
Including carriage this is going to cost about $350. The regulator is about £45 and a large industrial bottle will be about £35 bottle rental and refills are about £15 which should last about a 12 - 18 months

Ob1 try look at this link Co2 link

also try your local BOC dealer for the gas and regulator much cheaper.

David :fish:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back