Pets At Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dany

Fish Addict
Joined
Nov 22, 2005
Messages
887
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
south wales uk
iv just come back from pets at home in llanelli. i was discussted to see that there were keeping corys in a coldwater tank where they sell plants. also they had a red oscar in a biorb! i did fix the problem though (after a bit of arguing)
 
good on you i went the other day and they was a dead glass fish and i told them someone came looked at it and walked back of and there was a catfish stuck on it.I told someone else and they looked straight through me.Is it becuase i am 12 i wonder.
Mat
 
good on you i went the other day and they was a dead glass fish and i told them someone came looked at it and walked back of and there was a catfish stuck on it.I told someone else and they looked straight through me.Is it becuase i am 12 i wonder.
Mat

No, it's because it's Pets@home. I'm 43 and did no better. The shop assistant looked at me pitiyingly and explained that it's good for fish to eat their dead companions because that's what happens in nature. Yeees, fine...I don't think.:/ I never go in there without seeing at least 3 dead bodies being gnawed on. But then it is the only shop I can get to most weeks, not having a car, so I've still got to support them. Sucks, but there it is. Individual staff are good, but it's all about who happens to be on the till at the time.
 
i've been to my local pets at home twice and bought a total of 7 fish. Only one survived. All the fish i've bought at other different stores are alive and happy. Wouldn't go again. :no:
 
i never buy fish from that store, only pet supplys. a few weeks back they were selling pacus as a medium sized community fish...... -_-
 
i don't think they should be allowed to sell fish the state of some of their shops theres two near me and there both awfull.
 
I live in the UK at this pet shop I live near, Peters Petshop, has such a dumb woman working there. I asked to buy an Albino Corydoras and a few tiger barbs. The fish were in different tanks. She got a bag, put the tigers in the bag, took the bag out of the tank and put it in the tank below. Then she got the same net and fetched out the cory and put it in the same bag!
I don't think she realised the ich problem she could have cost me!
Then I looked over to the other side of the room a the coldwater fish to see an almost white black moor. It was covering in the disease! So were most of the poor fish in that tank.
I dont know what to do really. They most be loosing alot of money because of this woman. There is a more experienced man who does things more proffesionally like wrap the fish bags in paper in winter. He seems to know everything about fish. He's great lol :wub:
 
Was thinking when i get my website up and running i'll do a partition saying that they shouldn't be aloud to sell live fish,
Would anyone here sign it?
 
E-petitions generally don't do much due to the anonymity with which they are signed.. Though I doubt any petition will affect a large store. If the individual standards fall below what could be reasonably expected contact the council about having the stores liscence to trade revoked.
 
The one in Leicester is not much better. There always seems to be water all over the floor, with tanks out of action.

There are even escaped birds flying round the store. :no:
 
The one in Leicester is not much better. There always seems to be water all over the floor, with tanks out of action.

There are even escaped birds flying round the store. :no:


stevenage and letchworth are realy bad ive seen cloudy tanks and fish floating upside dead, when i spoke to someone he told me he was resting, i wrote and complain to head office and they told me i didnt know hwat i was talking about and that the staff in the store were all very well trained!

I then went back and got talking to someone who was working there and i found out they had had 30min of training on the fish, they then had to learn the rest as they went. :crazy:

I will not go back into another pets@home store again!!!!
 
The one in Leicester is not much better. There always seems to be water all over the floor, with tanks out of action.

There are even escaped birds flying round the store. :no:


stevenage and letchworth are realy bad ive seen cloudy tanks and fish floating upside dead, when i spoke to someone he told me he was resting, i wrote and complain to head office and they told me i didnt know hwat i was talking about and that the staff in the store were all very well trained!

I then went back and got talking to someone who was working there and i found out they had had 30min of training on the fish, they then had to learn the rest as they went. :crazy:

I will not go back into another pets@home store again!!!!
we have a pets at home shop in lincoln i counted 12 free flying birds,many fish tanks with a sign on saying sorry can not sell from this tank,i see lots of dead fish in many of the tanks,i would not buy from them ,lots of people i know have got fish that have been very ill and made the other fish they own die.
 
went back today to get rabbit food and guess what....they had put the oscar back in the biorb!!!!!also it was dead and stuck in the plants. :<
 
I really can't see the point in this type of thread. We are all aware that big chain stores havn't got a clue, and moaning about them here won't change a thing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back
Top