Pets At Home Suck

shane87

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
199
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
middlesbrough
any one livin around the cleveland area in england had a problem with the fish they get from the new store that opened, i got 2 gouramis from there when they opened 3 weeks ago one died last week and the other just died from no signs of anything, no fish were bothering them, my water s fine 0 ammonia 0 nitrite , phoned up and they said they need to do ther eown test on the water then they'l replace them, but any point if any one else has had bad luck with pets at home fish if there just gonna die aswel
 
i wish people would quit 'bashing' pets at home...its such a biased thing to so...youve been in 1 maybe 2 shops...ive been in about 10 or so branches...and 4-5 of them have been very good indeed!

if theyre dwarf gouramis, they will more than likely be short lived as they arent very hardy and they have a virus which kills them.
 
I agree with truck.

Pets at home does get a bit of a bad reputation, mainly it seems due to the fact that they are a general pet store rather than specialising SOLEly in fish. :lol:

As with any large organisation you will get variation between branches, I have a few pets at home within a 5 mile radius or so of where I live 1 of which isnt very good but the others are (I dont go to pets at home simply due to the fact that the one that isnt so good is the one closest to me plus I already use a great shop called QSS)

Take macdonalds for example, some you go in will provide great service, others I've nearly fallen asleep waiting, its all down to the individual stores management (yes I agree that pets at home as an organisation should ensure that all the stores operate at a high standard) and staff training.

Andy
 
lol :hyper:
I don't think they are all bad , I am wary if the staff bumble on a bit , last time I was in the girl said she was just covering somones break and be best to wait for advice as she was not the best fish person. I think this was the best response rather than just selling me anything.
Same in Dobbies , I don't know any one elses experience but I aked about an armoured shrimp , was told grows to 4cm , internet tells me 6 inches , however was told that one of the girls who is normally in at the weekends is very good with fish knowledge and very keen.
So at the end of all that I suppose it is like everything else and just depends who you get on the day,, try getting the bank to do you a favour and let me know how you get on,,,,,cheers again.......... :hyper:
 
If they were dwarf gouramis please see this pinned topic Dwarf Gourami Pin

I had three from The Goldfishbowl which is the best LFS round here and they didnt last a month....
 
been in the very same branch, the guppies and neons that i bought when the store opened are all fine, i'll admit they do have problems with the tanks (and staff no that and were dealing with it) but its a new store so water stats ect will not be perfect. At the end of the day you take a risk of losing fish no matter where you buy from
 
Hi, so another P@H slater :rolleyes: I am sure sometimes people start this type of thread just because it usually gets a multiple response by others winging on about alsorts of examples of badness.

Question, Gourami purchased.....were they Dwarfs?

what sex? ( best to get 3 , ie 1 male to 2 females) By getting 2 it would probably be one of each and in many of these cases if the female does not wish to mate then the male will harass the female relentlessly causing stress causing death. Two males will possably fight. 2 females are ok.

your tank....0-0 for ammonia/nitrite but is it matured? also is it well planted? all these are requirments.

But no.....it MUST be P@H's fault
 
All im going to say on this is some stores will be good others wont.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top