Pets At Home..........improvement?

Silverlady

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 5, 2005
Messages
560
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Southampton UK
Well after reading some posts on here about complaining at LFS about dead fish ,dirty tanks ,Diseased fish,ect,I thought i would try it at Pets at Home in Southampton.
On my last four visits I have told the woman on the Till that there dead fish in the tanks,and I wouldnt buy any fish from them untill they raised they standards.
Iwent in last week and went to look at the fish section as usual ,and tanks were clean no dead fish ,and only one with a bit of fungus on its fin,also there were slices of cucumber in most of the tanks .I have never seen that before,and the fish were really enjoying them :nod: :thumbs:
I spoke to the lady on the till ,and ahe said they had a timer at the till to remind them to see to the fish.I thought this was a bit odd but if it makes them look after their stock better who am I to complain.

I realise I am probably not the only person who moans at them,so keep up the good work everyone.
 
That's good if only all ps/fs would change like that. One here actually did (it was discused by 5000+ people on Slovenian forums (that is a lot for a country with 2 milllion people)), but the others don't seem to mind.
 
well done for managing to get them to listen.

However, at my pets at home, the conditions aren't that bad at all, every fish, apart from the bettas are very healthy, and the cories were even playing!

The bettas are kept with other fish, however, they don't seem to be very ill at all. :o
 
My Pets@Home are Quite Good All Tanks Are4 Atleast 10 Gallon long And They Abide By The inch per gallon rule and the goldfish tanks hav e bigger ones only thing about mine is they stocked no bettas. OO mine alos has leaflets on EVERY fish on sale.
 
Well after reading some posts on here about complaining at LFS about dead fish ,dirty tanks ,Diseased fish,ect,I thought i would try it at Pets at Home in Southampton.
On my last four visits I have told the woman on the Till that there dead fish in the tanks,and I wouldnt buy any fish from them untill they raised they standards.
Iwent in last week and went to look at the fish section as usual ,and tanks were clean no dead fish ,and only one with a bit of fungus on its fin,also there were slices of cucumber in most of the tanks .I have never seen that before,and the fish were really enjoying them :nod: :thumbs:
I spoke to the lady on the till ,and ahe said they had a timer at the till to remind them to see to the fish.I thought this was a bit odd but if it makes them look after their stock better who am I to complain.

I realise I am probably not the only person who moans at them,so keep up the good work everyone.

Gosh, perhaps it has been worth moaning! I've always felt they treat me like the idiot child. I'll drop in again when I next go into town.
 
Hey everyone.

Ive just started work at Pets @ Home and have been hired mainly to help look after the fish section. We have daily water checks, an hourly DFC (dead fish count) and an algae clean and maintanance check 1/2 times a week. It's deffinitely improving and the fish are getting better too. Once the section is all up to date and running properly, we are planning on ordering some more interesting fish too.

Rob
 

Most reactions

Back
Top