Petco $1 Per Gallon Tank Sale

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tolak

Gun Toting Lunatic
Reaction score
Petco does this about once yearly, if you need a tank now is the time to get one at a bargain price!

http://s.petco.com/assets/fishsupplies/bnr_599x128gallonsale.gif

Wow that is a good deal!

Reminds me of The Outnet's "Everything for £1" birthday sale. The website crashed as soon as it opened because it was so popular :lol:

Woohoo!! I live in the states! Unfortunately, I don't have the funds or the space for another tank. :( It's too bad the sale doesn't apply to larger than 55g tanks. Can you imagine scoring a 150 gallon tank for 150 dollars?!?! Or 99.5652 pounds for you British folk.

I actually went and looked and the deal isn't bad, but the tanks on sale are the empty "shells" of a tank. The lid and all accessories have to be purchased separately. It's still a good deal if you're buying a larger tank, but if you're getting a 10 gallon its almost cheaper to just get a complete set up. Granted the filter will still need to be replaced, but the hoods to the aquariums when purchased alone might cost a good $20. I have a 29 gallon I gout for 5 dollars, but haven't set it up because of the ridiculous cost on hoods/lights/etc.

Got my new 20 gallon tank today using this! But it cost a lot more with the filter, heaters, lid, etc.

omfg i wana do this but the stand alone is gona cost at least $250 plus the heater, filter

:/

omfg i wana do this but the stand alone is gona cost at least $250 plus the heater, filter

:/

You can build a better stand for less than $100 in materials. You could set up a rack with four 40 gallon tanks, air driven filtration, heat & light for less than $250. Six would be around $275, and take up a hair over 9 square feet of floor space. Usually breeders take advantage of tank sales such as these, I don't know anyone who buys tops, lights, filters, stands or any of that from shops.

:lol: i thinking of getting a easy 20 gal setup for my praecox rainbows so i can still keep em and have my leaf fish too, then again maybe itll be easier to get a simple 100$ 20 galsetup with everything included and have it low tech planted....

meh whatever lol

Tolak is right; this is great for breeders that don't make their own tanks... I would love to have 6 20 gallons for breeding corydoras and killies, but live in Mex. No chances of hopping over the border; it is 3 hour flight from where I am.

I buy all my fish tanks from yard sales or either get them for free from people around here that don't want them any more. I picked up a 30 gallon wood grain tank with light, hood, whisper filter and heater, and a great looking wooden stand for free from a lady that just didn't want the tank anymore. Here it is in my living room, I was very excited about getting it cause my Dad bought me one when I was around 13 years old and it brought back alot of good memories. It now has water in it with the filter going, the heater is not used at present time because since we don't have air conditioning in our house and here in Pennsylvania it's pretty hot at the present time so my tanks water stays a good 72-76 degrees during the Summer time. IMG_1565.JPG

About two weeks before getting the above 30 gallon tank I got this 25 gallon tank, stand and hood for 15.00 at a yard sale. It is going up tomorrow, I'm spending alot of time with Rachelle my 10 yr. old daughter teaching her to do aquarium stuff, she's very excited about helping and learning about fish. She also loves to yard sale with me, I think I created a monster but at least she will turn out to love animals and fish like myself as long as I have patience and slowly teach her the proper way to have fish.IMG_1566.JPG
This is a picture of a 3 gallon so called wine glass that I got for 4.00 at a yard sale. It is home to my daughters betta fish.IMG_1569.JPG

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back