Pet shop Merchandise

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Back in the 90s a coworker and I spent some time trying to get the Australian government to ban small tanks and fish bowls for fish keeping. It didn't happen. The governments around the world don't care about animal rights and fish aren't even considered animals. As far as the governments are concerned, unless it's a tax paying human that contributes to society, they aren't worth thinking about.
So very sad.

No mess no stress? More like no mess but stress on that poor fish! Yikes... The parameters in there are gonna spike up. Yesterday I made a trip to petland. I don't usually go there but I had to cause the LFS I usually go to was a bit farther away. I went there to buy pimafix and melafix, accidentally wandered over to the fish section, and found a tiny tank similar to the picture you provided, but in a different color and stuff, a poor adorable little red betta in there! The tank was disgusting! Talk about no mess! The betta was lethargic and ill. They said a "betta kit", sold for $48.69! That for such a price! Beside it was a slightly larger and prettier tank, no bigger than 1.5 gallons im assuming. With a light and filter system and plants. That mad me a bit happier until I realized the size and the adorable red crowntail. He was laying directly touching the intake of the pump. It was a filter where there was a back department and had slits cut for intake, not an actual removable filter. He didn't look sick, but he just leaned there. Idk if he was stuck? But didn't seem excited when a person came over...poor animals! ANOTHER BIG YIKES!
Makes me just want to cry.

These kind of tanks should be banned!

It promotes animal cruelty. Not to mention it actually encouraging people into thinking that these tanks are suitable!

Honestly, we don't have PETA here in Canada. So this goes out to people in America: "PETA! Pls! Open up and take a hot minute to look at this..."

PETA doesn't have time to look into small aquariums, they are busy saving bigger things that are more dramatic, like whales and dolphins. It looks better on television, we saved a whale, vs, we took a goldfish out of a fish bowl. :)

-------------------------
I knew a lady named Peta, she was married to a guy named Peter. It use to confuse hell out of me when we were talking at the dog park and she would say Peter is at home making dinner. I was standing there going, but your name is Peta. Eventually she told me she was married to a guy called Peter. That cleared a lot of things up. :)

My youngest sister had a female friends called Sasha. Well Sasha met a guy called Sasha (he pronounced it Sarsha but everyone called him Sasha coz he had a girly voice). But it was so confusing when you rang up and said is Sasha there?

Moral to this story, people who have the same name should not go out together. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back