šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

FishGuest5123

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month šŸ†
Reaction score
4F198500-6361-44E9-B195-15995218C915.jpeg
4F198500-6361-44E9-B195-15995218C915.jpeg
Isnā€™t this sad?

I would be inclined to use a stronger word than sad......

Several years ago we had a member who lived in Finland. She said that in Finland it was illegal to sell tanks under 40 litres (10 gallons). It's a pity that law isn't in force everywhere.

I would be inclined to use a stronger word than sad......

Several years ago we had a member who lived in Finland. She said that in Finland it was illegal to sell tanks under 40 litres (10 gallons). It's a pity that law isn't in force everywhere.
I agree!

Lol! I actually buy my Pedigree canned dog food there which I mix with my $36.00 special diet dry food to get my English Bulldog to eat it. If I donā€™t feed him the special diet food then we canā€™t live with him. A stinky green cloud follows him so the $36.00 food is a good investment. Thank goodness we donā€™t have to worry about fish farts. :rofl:

(With downcast sheepish face) I go there sometimes. I buy stuff too. I bought a one half gallon Betta View aquarium and actually rescued one of their poor bettas and exiled him to it. That is a stoning offense, so sorry for picking on you.

(With downcast sheepish face) I go there sometimes. I buy stuff too. I bought a one half gallon Betta View aquarium and actually rescued one of their poor bettas and exiled him to it. That is a stoning offense, so sorry for picking on you.
All in fun.

Back in the 90s a coworker and I spent some time trying to get the Australian government to ban small tanks and fish bowls for fish keeping. It didn't happen. The governments around the world don't care about animal rights and fish aren't even considered animals. As far as the governments are concerned, unless it's a tax paying human that contributes to society, they aren't worth thinking about.

Lol! I actually buy my Pedigree canned dog food there which I mix with my $36.00 special diet dry food to get my English Bulldog to eat it. If I donā€™t feed him the special diet food then we canā€™t live with him. A stinky green cloud follows him so the $36.00 food is a good investment. Thank goodness we donā€™t have to worry about fish farts. :rofl:
Sure. The old dog did it alibi. She who smelt it dealt it.

Fish are the Rodney Dangerfield of the pet world - they get no respect. Even loved ones not in the hobby look at you strange if/when you're sad about losing a fish and think (or often say) "It's just a fish"). In contrast, dogs and cats are often treated like children (well sadly, not all, but you know what I mean).
------
But the OP's post is really about the same as the hobbyist that brags about never doing water changes! I'll admit that there are some aquariums that can function just fine with fewer water changes (frequency or volume) as we often do our weekly 50+% out of habit more than water quality evaluation. After all, there's rarely such a thing as 'too fresh' water. But to neglect a tank can be harmful to fish and many hobbyists just aren't dedicated enough to good fish keeping practices.
------
Unfortunately newbies to the hobby would believe this kind of marketing hype only to lose fish after fish and not understand why. They will either learn, or most often drop out of the hobby. This manufacturer does the fish and the hobby a disservice.

I actually buy my Pedigree canned dog food there which I mix with my $36.00 special diet dry food to get my English Bulldog to eat it. If I donā€™t feed him the special diet food then we canā€™t live with him.
Have you tried making him normal food?
I use to cook meat, rice and veges for dinner and the dogs ate it too. No smelly bums from them.

A number of dog owners I know do the same, cook meat and veges for dinner and give the dogs some. It's generally cheaper than most fancy dog foods.

---------------------
On a slightly different subject, my cousin had a dog that was allergic to red meat. It had mammalian meat allergy caused by being bitten by the Australian paralysis tick. They spent hundreds each week buying special food for the animal so it didn't develop hives and throw up everywhere. I said he should just cook it chicken and vege, would have been cheaper.

Have you tried making him normal food?
I use to cook meat, rice and veges for dinner and the dogs ate it too. No smelly bums from them.

A number of dog owners I know do the same, cook meat and veges for dinner and give the dogs some. It's generally cheaper than most fancy dog foods.

---------------------
On a slightly different subject, my cousin had a dog that was allergic to red meat. It had mammalian meat allergy caused by being bitten by the Australian paralysis tick. They spent hundreds each week buying special food for the animal so it didn't develop hives and throw up everywhere. I said he should just cook it chicken and vege, would have been cheaper.
Cook? Seriously? If it werenā€™t for my hubbie my stove could be sold. Lol! Mines allergic to grains, weird dog.

If my dog was allergic to grains she would be stuffed. She catches birds and eats them and you regularly see grain and feathers in the games room. She use to catch fish too. I would sell fish to pet shops and have them in buckets while I was catching them out of tanks. She use to stick her head in the bucket like she was looking at them but then grab one and nick off to eat it. And she did the same in the river, she use to feel around with her feet and then shove her head under water and pull out all sorts of things. Jellyfish season was the worst, she would be carrying jellyfish after jellyfish out of the river and dropping them on the bank. :)

As for cooking, I am a lazy cook. I just stick everything in a bowl, add some water, cover it with aluminum foil and put it in the oven. Turn the oven on and walk away for about 90 minutes. Turn oven off and let it sit for 30 minutes then eat and feed rest to dogs.

If my dog was allergic to grains she would be stuffed. She catches birds and eats them and you regularly see grain and feathers in the games room. She use to catch fish too. I would sell fish to pet shops and have them in buckets while I was catching them out of tanks. She use to stick her head in the bucket like she was looking at them but then grab one and nick off to eat it. And she did the same in the river, she use to feel around with her feet and then shove her head under water and pull out all sorts of things. Jellyfish season was the worst, she would be carrying jellyfish after jellyfish out of the river and dropping them on the bank. :)

As for cooking, I am a lazy cook. I just stick everything in a bowl, add some water, cover it with aluminum foil and put it in the oven. Turn the oven on and walk away for about 90 minutes. Turn oven off and let it sit for 30 minutes then eat and feed rest to dogs.
Youā€™re so funny! :lol:

No mess no stress? More like no mess but stress on that poor fish! Yikes... The parameters in there are gonna spike up. Yesterday I made a trip to petland. I don't usually go there but I had to cause the LFS I usually go to was a bit farther away. I went there to buy pimafix and melafix, accidentally wandered over to the fish section, and found a tiny tank similar to the picture you provided, but in a different color and stuff, a poor adorable little red betta in there! The tank was disgusting! Talk about no mess! The betta was lethargic and ill. They said a "betta kit", sold for $48.69! That for such a price! Beside it was a slightly larger and prettier tank, no bigger than 1.5 gallons im assuming. With a light and filter system and plants. That mad me a bit happier until I realized the size and the adorable red crowntail. He was laying directly touching the intake of the pump. It was a filter where there was a back department and had slits cut for intake, not an actual removable filter. He didn't look sick, but he just leaned there. Idk if he was stuck? But didn't seem excited when a person came over...poor animals! ANOTHER BIG YIKES!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back