Permenant

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Whitey_144

Fishaholic
Reaction score
HI,

Im setting up a 2ft tank, I have API liquid test kit, but I find the PH and nitrate hard to read.

Are these any good?
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/seachem-alert-combo-ph-ammonia-p-5327.html

Are there any other easier test kits for PH and Nitrate?

thanks,
adam

Why do you find them hard to read? Some different test kits have them in different colours if it's the colours that are causing you trouble.

I think those things are more for established tanks. Some people say they're not so great as the ammonia one can take up to four hours to change colour and by then the damage to the fish may already be done, but personally I discount their argument since I dont even test my tank every four weeks, let alone four hours, so I'm still getting much more advance warning of any problem.

Thanks, yes its the colours and nitrate for me always seems to be 40/100, basically red...but hard to tell if low red or high.

Also i dont like having low and high range for PH, because my water is basically on the borderline between the two, which makes it hard to work out/

just to point out thats a ph and ammonia test...its not for nitrate,,,

ah yes, I saw that, but I thought it would be good for the PH, now i need something else for the nitrate :-(

is it possible to get electronic testers? I have one for TDS, anything similar would be amazing! (for nitrate and PH)

here you go, this any good??
http://www.aquacave.com/Pinpoint-Nitrate-Monitor-by-American-Marine-P1502.aspx

infact, at that price i recon you could buy me one too :rofl:

wow, that is expensive! lol. But yeah, I was thinking of something like that, just more like under £50 :-(

You can get electron pH testers.

Sailfert also do a liquid nitrate test which seems sensible.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back