PEOPLE WITH MORE THAN ONE TANK

mmmm i dont want to sound interrumptin....but teelie....he might forgot this time... i do it all the time, but not for being rude, just becuz i forgot i have the caps-lock on....just that...:/ sorry if it offended ne1, i did not meant to

and canarsie 11 i would do what floridalove told you :) good luck! :):)

I don't see how you can type in all caps and not realize it unless you never read what you're typing... that's just me though.

you got the point there...but oh well... shall we stop this silly discussion on "caps" just burn it , forget it , he will not write all in caps again... thats all case closed and we are all happy :)

I wasn't expecting it to go off topic like this either... All I wanted to do was point out that it wasn't a good way to get attention to the subject.

Perhaps setting her up a special tank with something very interesting like puffers or shellies would work - something that won't be in any other tank...

ALASKA

what color is your skirt?

hehe i tend to agree with this post, iv been with my partner for 7 yrs in november, and for seven yrs i had to put up with him swapping an changing consoles/pc's, my hobby at the time was collecting certain books (still do it now) but it never came to the actual amount that he spent, everytime i used to moan about it he used to tell me 'just u wait untill u get a great hobby and ur spending money what u havnt got, u will need my help then' blah blah blah.

well the tables were turned last yr, i got my first set up, it cost me £175 just for the tank ,gravel ,filter ,fish ,heater, air pump ,lid ,light unit ect. he had to shell out some money on it as well.
2-3 months down the line i spent another 250 on a 3ft aquarium set up.... (he shelled out 50)
3-4 months after that i got my 4ft setup... iv spent an estimate of 400+ on this tank already and im nowhere near finished.. iv been told to have a cabinet built for this tank im gonna have to pay somthin along the lines of 200-300, then iv gotta get my proper lightin set up (thats bein sorted next week).

and hes had NOTHING to say about it, not even when i sold my 3ft for 100, and now im thinkin of replacin it with another 4ft :)

imo, get urself free of her apron strings. if its a joint house, tell her to get a hobby of her own or take more interest in urs (i find my bf is always askin why it costs so much so i do a run down on it wich gets him interested, wich brings him into what fish he likes). if its ur OWN home, it has nothin to do with her why u have so many tanks... after all its ur house ur hooby and ur money.

just my opinion

It sure is a political game in our house as well. You pick your times and get your significant other to get involved and over time people just wear down( read as see you really, really want this). I have found tht if you make each tank its own little world and take good care of them that those around you want to see what the next one will look like just as much as you.

On the side thread to this. This forum is about trying our best to help each other out in the wonderful world of fish. I have been involved in fish for over 30 years and i have been a computer geek for 25 of those. I know that caps is not acceptable speak on the net but here it is about the fish and the people that keep them. Teelie you have made a significant contribution to this forum already and your advice has helped many, so keep it up and remember that not everyone here is a net geek but we are all fish geeks......group hug :)

I got my DH (dear husband) to agree to more tanks by involving him in the research of fish even before I got my tanks.

BB

dannykerbles said:
your letting your gf decide if you can get another tank???

:/

If they live together then it's her home too and she should also get to decide about what goes in it and on big invesments.

I have quite a few tank and will not be getting any more (can't pysically fit any more!). My boyfriend likes fish but not to the extent I do but they are my responsability. He helps but it's my thing.

With my boyfriend, all I did was mention that I wanted a fish tank, oh about a million times a day, and so he started reading up on them. Now he wants big tanks with big fish. ;) :D Thats right...I have successfully converted another. :lol:

I'm not sniping...but I agree with Sorrell and DOLORES.

hehehe i turned most of my friends to fish in my class. nwo they blame me every day cuz they dont have enuf poket money anymore to buy utha stuff bsides fish or stuff for their fish!

i wish i could build a little fish house for my fish tanks(i nonly got 2) and ill get alot more. and it will be like owning a little lfs. just that u getta keep all the wiked fish!

My girlfriend bought me 'our' first tank for my birthday... we'd had our own house for 2 years without fish and i wnated back in (left my parents tank with them ;) )

anyway - Lorna (my girlfriend) didn't/dosn't like fish... but she's getting really into it now, as long as she dosnt have to put her hands n the tank where the 'squidgy fish' could get her :D

anyway from the 2ftx1x1 starter tank we quickly moved onto a 4ft long as she liked the fish and wanted more :)...

I then suggested setting the 2ft up in the study rather than selling it... approved :)
well, we've started breeding danios at the moment so a breeding tank was needed... thats in the kitchen - no problems there.

well she now wants a few small plecs to breed and some more fish... so we planned the bedroom for another tank... we went looking and she bought the next one :)

it's great to share an interest :)

dannykerbles said:
your letting your gf decide if you can get another tank???

Its called consideration, we live together cannot just bring in this huge amount of space eating tanks. We live in townhouse and I already have 75 gallon and 10 gallon. For my next tank I want something bigger than 75. :D

You must live alone or dont live with significant other, perhaps you are a little child. It is called respecting your mate and common areas of the home. Now the minute I want a tank inside my walk in closet, I dont think it will be a problem :crazy:

Teelie said:
canarsie11 said:
If my caps bother people, especially since I normally dont write in caps, keep it to yourself. It does not help others and just wastes time. :crazy:
If you want to be taken seriously and not ignored as a child because no one can read your all caps then maybe you shouldn't complain when you're told proper net ettiquite. Having to read rather annoying all caps wastes other people's time trying to understand it and doesn't help you at all.

This is also for asking about fish advice, not how to convince someone you need more fish though if you want to convince her to let you get a bigger tank, do what floridalove said and woo her with fish she'll like.
Once again if your wasting your time replying about my caps, then dont read the thread.
Here are some caps for BEAT IT LOSER ITS NOT THAT SERIOUS!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back