Penguin Tetra Staying In One Place

i think there max temp is 27c so i dont no how 30c would affect them over the last few day when your problems started

Higher temperatures can reduce oxygen levels and any pollutants quickly become a problem.

Mine gets up to about 28 in hot weather and it's in a shady bedroom. Not much you can do except leave the lights off, crack the lid open, ensure you have good water flow and do small water changes to bring it down if it gets way too warm.

Just watching him now, it really only seems to be the one Tetra, its like he's scared or confused or something. He swims forward a bit, decide not to go any further and then swims back into the corner again.
Regarding temperature. Hopefully it won't be an issue for much longer as it should get cooler from now on !

Could it be something as simple as he likes that spot in the tank? He seems to be fine at feeding time but after, goes back to the corner again

Increased temp whether it's fixed now or not can cause problems later. It's like being in the sun too long... yeah you're hot while you're in the sun but then you get heat stroke and are sick for awhile even though you go back inside, out of the sun.

Have you tried reorganizing the tank? Maybe other fish are scaring him to this corner due to territories so you could break that up by reorganizing. Even though you don't really have aggressive fish...

And I don't know if you mentioned, but how many penguin tetras are in there? Maybe he hides because the school isn't big enough?

How many Penguin Tetra are in there, Ant? Aren't "true" (as opposed to the "false") Penguins supposed to be quite nippy, so perhaps this one is being singled out by the others in a relatively small group?

Increased temp whether it's fixed now or not can cause problems later. It's like being in the sun too long... yeah you're hot while you're in the sun but then you get heat stroke and are sick for awhile even though you go back inside, out of the sun.

Have you tried reorganizing the tank? Maybe other fish are scaring him to this corner due to territories so you could break that up by reorganizing. Even though you don't really have aggressive fish...

And I don't know if you mentioned, but how many penguin tetras are in there? Maybe he hides because the school isn't big enough?

I may try reorganising the tank tomorrow, we'll see how it goes. I have 6 penguins or atleast had. Very difficult to count fish but they all seem to be there and no rotting remains anywhere in the tank

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back