Penguin Tetra Staying In One Place

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ant_Soton

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
AS heading says, one of my penguin teras is just staying in one place (the corner of the tank).
Could he be watching the fish in the other tank? Or is he poorly do you think? Any help much appreciated. Thanks guys !!! :good:

Anyone? Sorry to be a pain but does anyone have any suggestions?? Or am i just being paranoid?

2 foot tank. Its slightly overstocked but last time i check my water parims they were fine. I only ever really check the Amonia and nitrite

when your asking about a problem your best re testing water for that day and posting the results if it over stocked levels may have gone up

Surely then it would effect all my penguin tetras the same?? Not just the one or 2?

Not necessarily.

Things like this can nearly always be explained by a problem with the water. Pollutants, temperature, lack of oxygen, etc etc. Then a fish becomes unwell and people try to treat the fish for something, when more often than not you're looking at a problem caused by something else. The fish may have an unusual physical problem, an internal one you can't see, making it more susceptible to water problems.

Do you use a liquid test kit or strips?

Do a test now, then regardless of the results do a water change. Test the water again tonight. See how the fish is tomorrow.

do the test, your asking for help and peep want to know what you water is like today not last week, before they give advice that maybe rong

do the test, your asking for help and peep want to know what you water is like today not last week, before they give advice that maybe rong

But this has been an on going problem since i bought them virtually even last week when the parameters were fine. I use a liquid test kit not strips.
So basically what i'm say is a don't think its the water as the fish were doing it a few days ago and when i tested the water, it was fine.

So perhaps the fish was unwell when you bought it.

If this is the case, advice remains the same - do a test, note the results (it takes minutes and might show something). Then do a water change! Sick fish need clean water!

The water may have been fine a few days ago but without doing a test how do you know that is still the case? By your own admission you're overstocked, you might need to be doing water changes twice a week.

As i thought my fish were unwell, i put some Tetra General tonic in the water earlier. Will this not effect the test readings ?

so i guess your not telling us what your water is, so my guess would be its your water as your hiding the results from us
other than that i have no idea

i wish you good look in sorting this out.....

As i thought my fish were unwell, i put some Tetra General tonic in the water earlier. Will this not effect the test readings ?

I doubt it.

You could've tested the water by now, btw :)

I kept fish for many years in Zimbabwe and never did weekly water changes, never once tested the water or anything. And in over ten years never had any problems. I think all this cleaning and fidgeting makes the fish more agitated and causes them more harm than good. Just my opinion.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back