Pearl Gourami - Problem

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

russkev

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi

I added 2 Pearl Gourami's to my 125ltr Juwel tank on 6/1/06 and they seem to have been fairly healthy. However today I noticed one of them has a slight Whitish mark on the Dorsal fin. I have added a photo to try and sgow this below. In addition I lost one of my Neon Tetra's also. So performed a water check produced the following

Ph - 8
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - < 0.3 mg/l
Nitrate - 25 - 30 mg/l

PearlGouramiProblem240106.jpg

Can anyone suggest what the problem may be. I do not have a quarantine tank currently so am unable to give medicine to the single fish. Tonight am also doing a 10% water change to reduce Nitrate levels.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Kevin

Does the white on the fin look fluffy or stringy looking

Sadly it sonds like you have this then.
http://www.nippyfish.net/flexibacter.html

OK thanks I have Myxazin to treat infections but have been told that to be careful when using with Clown Loach. The tank is 125 ltr and for this it suggests using 5ml for 150 ltr tank so aout 4ml. Can this be used with the Loach in the tank also ? Again I don't have the space or luxury of a treatment tank !

Thanks

Do you have anti internal bacteria med by interpet.

Try half dose and if things look ok maybe add the full dose, don't forget to increase aeration, good luck.

Try half dose and if things look ok maybe add the full dose, don't forget to increase aeration, good luck.

Mmmmm noticing tonight that the patch is probably getting bigger. However also notice that the Loach seem to be having a problem as they swim along and then quickly turn and scrape their side on the floor like some kind of ich !

:no:

Little concerned that all fish may end up dead !!

Sounds like the med is irratating the clowns skin how much med have you added to the tank, i would preform a water change.

Sounds like the med is irratating the clowns skin how much med have you added to the tank, i would preform a water change.

Blimey quick response !

I added 2.5 ml last night and 2.5 ml tonight ! The Black filter left in currently !

Remove the med with a water change, as it does say it treat whitespot as well, and i would buy anti internal bacteria med by interpet, as you could end up with more problems using that med.

Remove the med with a water change, as it does say it treat whitespot as well, and i would buy anti internal bacteria med by interpet, as you could end up with more problems using that med.

OK thanks will do . Waht do you recommend in a way of a water change - 10% - 20% ?

Thanks very much for all your help !

I would go in with a 30% to 40% as usually it's a 30% water change after using a med, you could always give the sick fish a bath in the med or a salt bath while you get the other med.

Lowering the temperature slows the spread of flexibacter (columnaris). Of course, you also need to treat it - anti-finrot meds usualy treat this and are less likely to cause problems with your biological filtration that broad-spectrum antibiotics (it's up to you which you try though - I've found different cases respond best with different meds.) and frequent water changes to keep water quality at its best are essential. Invest in a quarantine tank :p

Most reactions

Back