Pearl Gourami Compatibility

neo83

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Right, who has/had kept single pearl gourami with a single angel (normal one not a veiltail) in a 3ft tank (125litres) with water depth of 18inches? Elaborate your experiences and misfortunes please.

Thanks

Right, who has/had kept single pearl gourami with a single angel (normal one not a veiltail) in a 3ft tank (125litres) with water depth of 18inches? Elaborate your experiences and misfortunes please.

Thanks
Not a good mix in a small, rather heavily stocked tank. I cannot tell you what will happen but either the Angel will attack the Pearl or maybe the Pearl will attack the Angel. Last time I had a Rearl and an Angel, I was left with a badly nipped Angelfish. Oh and you have a Roma 125 right? The substrate and the filter will take the capacity down to around 110L and the height of the tank is around 15-16".

Thanks
Not a good mix in a small, rather heavily stocked tank. I cannot tell you what will happen but either the Angel will attack the Pearl or maybe the Pearl will attack the Angel. Last time I had a Rearl and an Angel, I was left with a badly nipped Angelfish. Oh and you have a Roma 125 right? The substrate and the filter will take the capacity down to around 110L and the height of the tank is around 15-16".

I'm planning to give away the guppies and platies which will then leave the pearl gourami and harlequins at the top. I just measured the water level and excluding the gravel, height is 15.5 - 16". Is it so bad :sad: :-( ?

Thanks

I'm planning to give away the guppies and platies which will then leave the pearl gourami and harlequins at the top. I just measured the water level and excluding the gravel, height is 15.5 - 16". Is it so bad :sad: :-( ?
Ahh...well...I suppose you may just about be able to get a little Angel in there...

I've got a 260 litre with a female angel, male pearl gourami, male lavender gourami, female gold gourami and female moonlight gourami. They've been together for years and all get on well. The only trouble I've ever had is when the angel lays eggs,- she makes sure the gourami stay right down the other end of the tank!

Ahh...well...I suppose you may just about be able to get a little Angel in there...

Thanks Carl, i'll give it a try as i'm hooked on the angel now :rolleyes:

I've got a 260 litre with a female angel, male pearl gourami, male lavender gourami, female gold gourami and female moonlight gourami. They've been together for years and all get on well. The only trouble I've ever had is when the angel lays eggs,- she makes sure the gourami stay right down the other end of the tank!

Thanks fuzzynicki. You are lucky you have a 260 litre as the gouramis and angels would have more space to get away from each other. I'm on a 125 litre, so kind of restricted if they dont like each other. I did read about pearl gourami and angels getting together, but i'm hoping they should be OK together with 1 each in a 125l. I'm going to rehome the guppies and platies, so that leaves just the dithers in Harlequins for the dwarf cichlids. I'm going away for three weeks in april, so probably will try and do this when i come back.

I've got some platys and mollies in with the gourami and angel too! I've read that they don't mix, but no-one told my guys that! The only problems I have are again with the angel who will eat all the platy and molly fry that she can get hold of!

Good luck with your gourami and angel :)

I've got some platys and mollies in with the gourami and angel too! I've read that they don't mix, but no-one told my guys that! The only problems I have are again with the angel who will eat all the platy and molly fry that she can get hold of!

Good luck with your gourami and angel :)

Thanks fuzzynicki. I cant wait to get the angel, but will take time :(. If you are not into breeding platies and mollies, it's for the good anyways, otherwise your tank will be full of livebearers :lol: I made sure i got all male guppies and platies. Hoping for the angel day to come soon

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back