Peacock gudgeon photos

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

They look like a goby, sound like a goby, and almost act like a goby.
You know how seals sit on rocks with their head up and "fins" out on the rock? Thats what gobies do a lot and what my male gudgeon does. (For some reason I never see the female do this). These fish are not considered gobies because they do not have fused pelvic fins like the Gobiidae Sp. does... Instead they are the only Tateurndina species in the family of Eleotridae. So they are very unique fish.

Also, it is said they are picky... Well the fry are. They are very picky. But adults? Nah. As soon as they found that the pellets I gave them were food, its their favorite treat. They will also much on baby snails and snail eggs.
Interesting. What else ? Give with the info 'cuz my really old book doesn't even mention them. They almost sound like a Goby.

They look like a goby, sound like a goby, and almost act like a goby.
You know how seals sit on rocks with their head up and "fins" out on the rock? Thats what gobies do a lot and what my male gudgeon does. (For some reason I never see the female do this). These fish are not considered gobies because they do not have fused pelvic fins like the Gobiidae Sp. does... Instead they are the only Tateurndina species in the family of Eleotridae. So they are very unique fish.

Also, it is said they are picky... Well the fry are. They are very picky. But adults? Nah. As soon as they found that the pellets I gave them were food, its their favorite treat. They will also much on baby snails and snail eggs.
The fry eat the adult food except its very fine and crushed up... But apparently when its crushed up super fine, each tiny particle has its own flabor or bug and they spit it out of they dont like that lol

I have a camera that is wayyyyy better now... (New phone). Here is my fry @itiwhetu
20220620_095403.jpg

Look at them all ! ! !
Sadly I can't keep those guys... I feed them so I don't feel too bad but I'm not moving them to the fry tank. There are already a lot in there and most are already a nice size

pictures of the ones in the fry tanks?
For some reason the camera isn't clearing on them. Probably because there is not a background of a solid color so the camera is having a hard time focusing. But I will try to get some photos

You know what ? Any of those in with your adults that grow and survive will be exceptional specimens. It always works out like that.
Thank you! Yah, I'm really hoping some will look like the mom and dad cause I want to keep one or two of them when they are old enough....

Very cool, some of the first ones must be about ready to be sold on, I would think. That will be a nice we earner for you well done. Welcome to the world of making money from your hobby.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back