Patio Ponds

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

BettaBabe

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I want to put Paradise fish in a 16 gallon fountain on my patio.

BB

Can you give us a pic, I am not quite with you about the pond type?

Although Paradise prefer 70-77 degress they can live in water as low as 40 degress but NO lower so if you have cold winters its a NO! The pond/foutain looks fine, but personally I wouldn't keep a fish that prefers tropical temps in cooler temps. Why not try some Coldwater species like Minnows, Sticklebacks or a smaller species of Sunfish?

ryan said:
Although Paradise prefer 70-77 degress they can live in water as low as 40 degress but NO lower so if you have cold winters its a NO! The pond/foutain looks fine, but personally I wouldn't keep a fish that prefers tropical temps in cooler temps. Why not try some Coldwater species like Minnows, Sticklebacks or a smaller species of Sunfish?
I live in GA and the fountain is in an enclosed "screen room".

BB

Ok, should be fine then. Best of luck. :)

ryan said:
I will definately look into the other species you listed. I was going to just put a plant or two in the fountain and have one Paradise. But a few small fish sound like a better idea.

Thanks for your advise!

BB

Most reactions

Back