Patience.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Every time that I plant a new plant I also can't wait for it to grow. Sometimes it seems like the plants are just standing still. I guess that this hobby really teaches you patience.
It's a "watched pot never boils" kind of thing! I find it helps to take a daily photo of new tanks/plants to see the subtle changes.

What you say goes for everything in the aquarium hobby. There are no quick solutions. The neglected or diseased aquarium that requires a major water change to stave off catastrophe has already suffered the damage and needs time to heal. Everything takes time . There is nothing instant in the aquarium hobby.

What you say goes for everything in the aquarium hobby. There are no quick solutions. The neglected or diseased aquarium that requires a major water change to stave off catastrophe has already suffered the damage and needs time to heal. Everything takes time . There is nothing instant in the aquarium hobby.
If only I could create a super fertilizer that would grow plants to their full potential in less than 24 hours.

I cannot tell you how many "slow growing" anubias that I have started at 3-4 inches and which have grown to the surface even in a few taller tanks. Whether is is a low light tank with simple and slow growers or bigger tanks with more varied plants or even a high tech pressurized CO2 tank, the plants have all outgrown it.

It was/is only a question of time.
50 gal CO2 added
i-m5DPBrp.jpg

5.5 gal.
i-MHsJmr6.jpg

75 gal.
i-LbKzBvR-M.jpg

45 gal.
i-4FMSknG-S.jpg

150 gal.
150tank1.jpg

I could keep going but why bother? Btw, I have not purchased an anubias plant in 15+ years.

NICE Clown Loaches 2 tank man. How old are the largest ones?
I find slow plants to be what I keep and the fast growers eventually get to be too much of a hassle. Pearlweed is one that is blazing fast. Can't be pruned often enough so out it went.
I know,I never thought I would say I like that Anubias and Java fern are slow...I just let them cover as much as they want.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back