Patience.

🐠 The poll is open for the February TOTM! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Archerfish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Every time that I plant a new plant I also can't wait for it to grow. Sometimes it seems like the plants are just standing still. I guess that this hobby really teaches you patience.
It's a "watched pot never boils" kind of thing! I find it helps to take a daily photo of new tanks/plants to see the subtle changes.

Back in the fold

That One Guy
Reaction score
What you say goes for everything in the aquarium hobby. There are no quick solutions. The neglected or diseased aquarium that requires a major water change to stave off catastrophe has already suffered the damage and needs time to heal. Everything takes time . There is nothing instant in the aquarium hobby.

OP
OP
connorlindeman

connorlindeman

The Past Master
3x Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
What you say goes for everything in the aquarium hobby. There are no quick solutions. The neglected or diseased aquarium that requires a major water change to stave off catastrophe has already suffered the damage and needs time to heal. Everything takes time . There is nothing instant in the aquarium hobby.
If only I could create a super fertilizer that would grow plants to their full potential in less than 24 hours.

TwoTankAmin

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
I cannot tell you how many "slow growing" anubias that I have started at 3-4 inches and which have grown to the surface even in a few taller tanks. Whether is is a low light tank with simple and slow growers or bigger tanks with more varied plants or even a high tech pressurized CO2 tank, the plants have all outgrown it.

It was/is only a question of time.
50 gal CO2 added
i-m5DPBrp.jpg

5.5 gal.
i-MHsJmr6.jpg

75 gal.
i-LbKzBvR-M.jpg

45 gal.
i-4FMSknG-S.jpg

150 gal.
150tank1.jpg

I could keep going but why bother? Btw, I have not purchased an anubias plant in 15+ years.

Stan510

Fish Herder
Reaction score
NICE Clown Loaches 2 tank man. How old are the largest ones?
I find slow plants to be what I keep and the fast growers eventually get to be too much of a hassle. Pearlweed is one that is blazing fast. Can't be pruned often enough so out it went.
I know,I never thought I would say I like that Anubias and Java fern are slow...I just let them cover as much as they want.

Most reactions