Partial quotes

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

vanalisa

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Hey there techies-
How do you do that thing where you make responses with small sections of people's quotes?
Thx

I highlight the part of the post I want to quote, which brings up a quote/reply box. If I want to start my reply with the quote, I use 'reply' but if I've started typing, then want insert a quote from another post, I use 'quote'

quoting.jpg

Highlight the text you want to respond to, and you will have a pop-up with "quote" and "reply" buttons. Click the quote button. Then, in your intended post (at the bottom of the thread) put the cursor where you want the text to appear, and a "insert quotes..." button will appear. Click that and the highlighted text will appear, with the poster's name.

Edit. Essjay posted at the same time!

I just click the quote or reply button on the thread I want to quote/reply to and delete any “extra” bits…I’ll have to try this the other way now 🙂

The danger with that is accidentally deleting too much of the quote. I've done that :lol:

If I want to start my reply with the quote, I use 'reply' but if I've started typing, then want insert a quote from another post, I use 'quote'
Interesting.
Thanks everyone.
I will practice and hopefully I will get better. There's been many situations where I'd like to have a post with replies to more than one person and just address partial quotes.
✨

You can quote several posts at the same time. For example

quoting 2.jpg

You just have to be careful to put spaces between each quote and type in each space if you want to refer to reach post separately like this

How do you do that thing where you make responses with small sections of people's quotes?
comment on the first quote

Okay that worked.
Then the second

I will practice and hopefully I will get better.
And finally the last.

You can quote several posts at the same time. For example

View attachment 147987

You just have to be careful to put spaces between each quote and type in each space if you want to refer to reach post separately like this

comment on the first quote

Then the second

And finally the last.
^^ This ^^ is what I can't figure out how to do....:blush:

All you have to do is highlight the text in several different posts, one at a time, and they are added to 'multiquote'. Then when you use the 'insert quote' button, you get a list of the quotes you just added to 'multiquote' as in my screenshot. Then just check that all the quotes you want are there, 'remove' any you don't want, then click/tap 'quote messages' at the bottom of the box. It pastes all your selected quotes in the order you selected them.

Okay that worked.

I will practice and hopefully I will get better.

^^ This ^^ is what I can't figure out how to do....

All you have to do is highlight the text in several different posts, one at a time, and they are added to 'multiquote'. Then when you use the 'insert quote' button, you get a list of the quotes you just added to 'multiquote' as in my screenshot. Then just check that all the quotes you want are there, 'remove' any you don't want, then click/tap 'quote messages' at the bottom of the box. It pastes all your selected quotes in the order you selected them.
When I highlight a second quote, the highlight from the first quote is no longer there.......?

Hmmmm.........

You did remember to click the quote box for each highlighted text? I can't think of anything else :unsure:

The other way to do it would be to highlight and 'quote' the first one, add it to the reply box using 'insert quote', then type what you want to say. Then highlight and 'quote' the second one and add it using 'insert quote' and so on till you've done all the ones you want to quote.

"You did remember to click the quote box for each highlighted text?"

Nope....now that I do that, where's the "insert quote" button?

Edit - I've deleted the image as I posted the wrong one :blush: Hang on a minute and I'll get the right one.......

OK, so you've highlighted and 'quoted' several excepts from other posts. Now click on 'insert quotes' outlined in red which will produce the box with the quotes in. Then click 'quote messages' circled in green.

quoting 2a.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back