Parrots & Angelfish

NOT A MUTANT in my opinion

thats like sayin cross breed dogs are mutants

very very nice fish i think.......if u like the look of them then id say get 1 and enjoy it coz they are brilliant pets

they will readily take food from ur hand and have real personallity

I was wondering how long it would take for the "canine" comparison to come into play.

Not even a close argument tho as I will explain the finer details of canine origins when I have more time.

As for Doc frankenstien creating his monstrosities....well nuff said!!!

CM

well, everyone is entitled to his own opinion. But I think the parrot is cute. They're so ugly that they're cute! :alien: The great thing about pets is that there are different kinds for everyone. There are a lot of other fish that I think are ugly and not worth the trouble of keeping (some cichlids included, IMO) but to each his own. I especially love the way that he swims. He kind of "wobbles" through the tank. Deformed swim bladder or not, it cracks me up! :lol:

actually i appologise......it is infact a mutant.....meanin its had genes changed to make a new type of fish.....but i wouldnt say it was a mutant in the way u mean it....like its a monster.....they are anything BUT monsters

my parrots are my fave fishes......they have more personallity than any other fish i have ever seen

Actually you took my meaning out of context!!

I meant it in exactly the way it was stated..........Hybrid = mutant!!

I never said a person should never own one as I would never tell someone that.

People should get what pleases them....all I try to do is educate people on the need to keep hybrids from entering our hobby.

He kind of "wobbles" through the tank. Deformed swim bladder or not, it cracks me up!

I'm sure the fish enjoys "wobblling" around it's tank as well!!!

CM

i think that this hybrid fish is okay to enter our homes tho.....ppl say they are deformed and have swim bladder problems and the rest but mine seem to be okay

they swim okay n they feed okay.....they arent died so they havent gone thru any harm....so i dont see the problem with them

Tek :fish:

just my two cents cent number one I think that they are ugly.
cent number two when my wife wanted one I told her how they make them and then in some cases not all cases though make them those pretty colors. needless to say she no longer wants one.

Instead she wants a DA%Ned Turtle

all 3 of my parrots are not dyed...........and the 4 places from where i get my fish do not sell dyed fish.....i dont think they look much different from severums.....just a lil bit of a body shape difference

i have three Jellybean parrots, yes the dyed ones. The pink one is the boss, but not too aggresive, I also have two opline gouramies, they get along just great as long the gouramies don't get to close to the parrots. They only nip them to get them out of the way. I did have two angels, the parrots left them alone, sorry to say my angels died. Not caused by the parrots.

Well, I got rid of the Parrot. Not because she was still picking on the angel (after I put in another angel they stuck together & polly left them alone), but because the parrot started spawning. She took over like 1/2 the tank and chased any fish away that went on her half of the tank. I think that my tank was just too small for her...needing more territory and all. Now my tank is peaceful again. The angels are happy, the tetras are schooling again, but I do miss that pudgy, little volkswagon of a fish. Maybe when I get a bigger tank I'll try again. :fish:

I WORK AT A PET STORE AND THE CLERK U TALKD TO WAS TRYIN TO MAKE MONEY HE KNOEW IT WOULD KILL ALL YOUR STUFF DONT GO THERE N E MORE

cichlidmaster said:
The "parrot" fish (can't call them a cichlid) is said to be a cross between a red devil (Amphilophus labiatus) and a gold severum (Heros severus). The reason I say you can't call them a "cichlid" or even a species is due to the fact that they are a hybrid!!

Given the fact of what they are said to be a cross of, this indicates they are predisposed to be aggressive!!
I have heard that some are gentle and some are aggressive, but since I don't keep "mutants" I can't say from personal experience.
Well, regardless of the fact that the BP can not have a species designation, being a hybrid, it is still a hybrid between two members of the fish family Cichlidae and therefore is a Cichlid, a Cichlid hybrid.

It is true that BPs are quite individual in their temperaments. The four I have are quite docile to each other and other fish and leave my congo tetras be but I had one which attacked everything in the tank the moment it hit the water and didn't stop til I removed it, must have taken after daddy.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back