Parrot Info Wanted

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fella

Research!
Reaction score
Saw one of these in a pet shop the other day, and fell in love with it. i'm not totally naive on birds, my girlfriends mum has a conure.

Essentially I need talking out of buying a bird which would cost a small fortune.

Check out this forum
www.parrotlinks.co.uk
all the info and advice you could ever need

Well, if you want to know some negative stuff about caiques I can tell you a few things. They have tons of energy and they like to chew a lot. they are not always good cuddlers or talkers. They also need lots of fresh foods such as cooked beens and rice and stuff. parrots also need to have losts of time with htier owners daily and it might take a it of time to prepair thier meals. They also need spacious cages which can be pricy. All this info comes from my A Simple Guid To Bird Care And Training. I'm sure these birds can make awsom pets. Realy research befor you get one.

Hi
ive had a black headed caique since 03,
we got her as a baby, before this we did a lot of resurch, she has a 5 foot cage with toys changed weekly, yes they are hard work very demanding and love to scream at times and it's loud! they have a diet that takes time as said, but if you handle daily and give them attention they are great, very pretty and sweet, mine likes all family members including my kids 8, 11 and 14. my friend has a senegl and he hates all members bar one.
my girl Roamer loves to have a wash under the mixer tap then dry herself on our t shirt :wub: .
they are the clowns of the parrott world, walking upside down and rolling on her back, buy as many toys as possable, they love to play a lot! teach it to like being held in a soft towel this helps at nail clipping time :good:
mine as said are not know for being big talkers, they have a doll like voice listen hard and they do pick up a few words, mine says thank you, hello, alright, but mainy she will do the phone, microwave alarm etc.
feel free to pm me if i can offer any more advice :)

Most reactions

trending

Back