Parrot fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, bangin...

I was not implying you were being rude or nasty. Just the way things were going.
You were one of the more objective posts......

Ok, if that was your attempt at humour, i apologise. Its difficult to detect such suttle sarcasm and humour :)
Again, apologies....

:crazy:

I've seen this type of back and forth so many times...

The first poster innocently (or sometimes not) starts a thread either asking a controversial question or making a statement that really offends others, people respond in a way the poster either didn't expect or want and off we go.

Keep in mind that Angel seems younger and very proud of this admittedly beautiful fish. I mean, fish wouldn't be dyed if the results weren't pleasing. Others stumble across the post and are against torturing animals for our pleasure and so attempt to educate Angel but in the process may come across too harsh so Angel responds defensively. Hilarity ensues.

Let's leave this with the facts. Yes, the fish is beautiful. Did you know that it's dyed? Yeah...that's not much fun for the fish. I personally refuse to buy dyed and painted fish now, but when I was starting out I did because I didn't know better. It seems your fish is in a good home. Hey, by the way, you should start saving for a bigger tank as your fish will get really big. Won't it be fun to set up and decorate a new tank? If you get a big enough one you coud get some other friends for your beautiful fish...only this time ones that are naturally colored and therefore hardier and healthier.

There we go.

ALRIGHT I'M HERE...

WHEN I POSTED THIS MESSAGE NO I DID NOT INTEND OF REPLIES LIKE THIS. IF I WOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT EVERYONE WAS GOING TO BE SO SOUR ABOUT IT, I WOULDN'T HAVE EVEN POSTED THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE.

AS I HAVE STATED ALREADY, AND I WILL STATE AGAIN, WE DIDN'T HAVE ANY IDEA THAT THE FISH WAS DYED. AND TO BE HONEST WITH YOU, I NEVER THOUGHT MUCH OF IT CAUSE THERE ARE BEAUTIFUL FISH OUT THERE THAT ARE BRIGHT COLORS AND NOT DYED. WE DIDN'T KNOW BEFORE WE BOUGHT IT.

YES I AM AWARE THAT THEY WILL LOSE THEIR COLOR. AND NO I WILL NOT CHANGE MY MIND ON HOW I FEEL ABOUT THIS LITTLE GUY/GIRL. IT IS NOT EVEN my FISH, IT IS MY PARENTS FISH. JUST CAUSE IT MIGHT TURN RED OR WHITE, DOESNT MEAN IT IS GOING TO LOSE ITS PERSONALITY OR THE WAY IT LIVES.

FIRST OFF... IN SOMEONES MESSAGED, REFERRED TO ME AS A MALE.. I'M FEMALE :D JUST THOUGHT I'D THROW THAT IN THERE. AND NO I'M NOT A "KID" I AM 20 YEARS OLD.. SO I DO REALLY KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

I APPRECIATE THE POSTS THAT WERE MADE THAT WERE STICKING UP FOR ME. I REALLY ENJOY THIS FORUM, BUT AT THE MOMENT I AM DISGUSTED IN THE WAY THAT PEOPLE ARE THROWING REMARKS BACK AND FORTH BECAUSE OF ONE MESSAGE THAT I POSTED. AND I AGREE WITH WHOEVER SAID SOMETHING ABOUT MESSAGING BACK TO THIS POST OVER AND OVER STATING THE SAME THING. I PUT THIS MESSAGE UP HERE FOR A SHOW-N-TELL OF MY NEW FISH THAT I HAD NO IDEA ABOUT IT BEING DYED UNTIL A FEW DAYS AFTER WE BOUGHT IT. THERE IS NO HARM IN THAT. AND MY PARENTS DO INTEND ON KEEPING IT WHETHER IT LOSES ITS COLOR OR NOT. WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL.

I DONT AGREE WITH DYING.. NOW THAT I HAVE READ UP A BIT ON IT AND LISTENED TO EVERYONES OPINIONS. AND MAYBE THINGS WOUDL HAVE BEEN DIFFERENT IF I KNEW THAT THIS GORGEOUS FISH WAS DYED BEFORE MY 'RENTS BOUGHT IT. BUT YOU CAN'T GO BACK IN TIME.

I WOULD APPRECIATE THIS POST BEING LEFT ALONE NOW. I SHOWED OFF A PICTURE, I LEARNED SOME NEW THINGS. I'M NOT A FREAKIN' IDIOT,I DONT NEED ABOUT 60 PEOPLE TELLING ME HOW WRONG I AM FOR HAVING A FISH THAT I DIDNT EVEN KNOW ABOUT!! AND THE FACT THAT THE SAME MESSAGES ARE COMING UP FROM EVERYONE. WHAT I APPRECIATE IS THE MESSAGES THAT SAID "GIVE THE KID A BREAK" OR "SO SHE DIDNT KNOW AT FIRST, BUT AT LEAST SHES GOING TO GIVE IT A GOOD HOME" OR THE MESSAGES LIKE "SHE WAS JUST TRYING TO SHOW OFF HER NEW FISH". THANKS TO ALL THAT WERE COMPLIMENTING THIS PARROT FISH.

I HAVE SAT BACK FOR LESS THAN 24 HOURS, BEEN TO BED AND UP, AND WORK AND BACK... WATCHING THIS POST... AND WATCHING IT GO DOWN AND DOWN AND HAVE SMART--- REMARKS ABOUT EVERYTHING. THIS POST WAS TO SHOW OFF THE PICTURES OF THE FISH... AND I WAS IMPRESSED AT HOW GOOD THE PICTURES EVEN SHOWED UP!!! AND SO IT STARTED WITH THAT, AND NOW ITS ENDING ON PEOPLE YELLING BACK AND FORTH, TAKING UP SPACE ON THIS FORUM AND WASTING THEIR TIME. HALF THE MESSAGES ON PAGE 3-4 AREN'T EVEN ABOUT THE FISH ITSELF, IT IS ABOUT PEOPLE YELLING AT OTHER PEOPLE. THIS WAS MY THREAD, AND I AM NOT IMPRESSED.

AS I HAVE STATED ABOVE, THIS IS A GREAT FORUM. IT REALLY HAS HELPED ME OUT. I WAS IN TWO OTHER FORUMS BUT RECENTLY LEFT CAUSE THEY WERENT MUCH HELP. I HAVE BEEN HELPED WITH THIS FORUM SINCE I WAS WORKING ON THE OVER CROWDED THREE GALLON TANK. I'M NOT ABOUT READY TO GIVE UP AND QUIT THIS FORUM, THERE ARE TOO MANY NICE PEOPLE IN HERE. ITS JUST TOO BAD THAT NOT ALL OF THEM GOT A CHANCE TO WRITE ON THIS POST.

I HAVE SAID MY PIECE, AND NOW I'M DONE. AND WHOEVER ASKED ME TO TAKE THE PICTURES OFF OF MY FIRST MESSAGE. NO. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. YOU KNOW IT IS POSSIBLE TO BE AGAINST THE DYEING OF FISH, BUT NOT AGAINST THE FISH ITSELF. AND READING ABOUT COLOURING, YEAH I DONT AGREE WITH IT BUT AS IVE SAID 23484329589486856 I ALREADY HAVE THE FISH AND WE CAN'T GO BACK IN TIME.

I HOPE I HAVE MADE MYSELF CLEAR HERE...

:/ SO DISAPPOINTED.... :angry:

yah if only someone would start it...

and you said you werent even going to be a part of this topic.

just got my words across and hope it gets out to people that this thread is about the pics of the unknown fish my parents bought, not about each others attitudes.

:no: :no:

Hi all

Having only just read this topic (parrots are not my thing) I thought that i'd say this

Angel_eyes0857 did not know that these fish were died, she has stated that many times. She knows now and will never buy another dyed fish (I hope).
She is proud to give the unfortunate fish a good home and what hopfuly will be a good life. She has learnt a lot from this thread but mainly this A LOT OF YOU GUYS ARE VERY CONFRONTATIONAL!

IMHO you guys need to calmly reply to posts in the future and pint out the horrors of dying in a rational way. Yes I'm not perfect and have been confrontational in the past and maybe again in the future, but it is something I'm aware of and am working on.

To Angel_eyes I hope that you and the fish have many happy times together and that when the inevitable comes you will have found memories.
One Question though...
Will you ever shop at that LPS again?

There I've said my piece. I don't belive in dying or tampering in any way, except by selective breeding, of nature. But having said that If I came across an animal that had been mistreated and was in a position to take it in then I would do so, in a hartbeat! This would include a dyed fish, but I would not pay for it!

I just want to say that I am sorry that you feel attacked. This truly is a nice forum and I hope you will continue to post here. I don't think that the majority of the people who replied to you were upset because initially after you learned they were dyed, it kind of seemed as if you didn't care. I believe that is the reason people may have been harsh.

I do think that it is nice that this fish has found a home that will care for it from here on. I would plan on investing in a larger tank though....a twenty won't sustain him for long. ;)

not a problem
it is my parents tank and i am moving out next month so i will let them know to keep their eyes opened
to answer a question... yes i will still buy fish from that LPS because that is the only place where i can manage to buy healthy fish that live. as for buying dyed fish, no.
thanks for your calm replies on page 5- but this topic shall be over within the next few messages anyway, gettin full.

thanks
and thanks to those who actually took the chance to give me reasonible advice and warning signs. and for those who freaked out 100% and burst into a bunch of nothing... hope you can calm down a bit.. and realize that you really p-d me off with this particular topic and I hope that you can learn to help people out reasonably without lashing out at them....60,000 times!

i will continue to use this forum, i'm not letting this topic take me down yet!

Hi.....
I have 2 BPs, one was dyed when I bought it! :-( I felt bad for a while, but he is very happy and healthy now and I am just in LOVE with him. I recently got a baby BP and s/he is just the CUTEST little guy EVER!!!

I totally understand your love for these guys!!!

As long as you have decided to not buy anymore dyed fish then everything is cool.

And Sorrel hon, you are very right.....that guy will outgrow a 20 gallon soon!!!!!

;)

Good Luck to you!!!!

what color are your bps? what color is the baby? Just white? or red?
we want to get a baby, much cheaper. if its not dyed.
he's totally awesome i love him to pieces.. still a bit shy though

I am just about ready to forgive you for your indifference to fish dieing to be pretter because at the time you didnt know how bad dyeing was. But it will be a long time befor eI forgive you for all those CAPS :grr: :fun: .

Edit: to PSGill the reason that those Adults were not faded is probably because they were only dyed recently no one in the supply chain would have held onto these fish after the dyeing process because everyone knowes that they fade and lose value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back