Parrot fish

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks

and i apologize for the caps i was just trying to get my point across and seems as though using caps was useful!!

end of discussion i do believe..

I'm not going to argue either side of this, I made my points already but on using caps, it's never a good idea. A lot of people find it rude and annoying and just ignore or move past the post without ever reading it. If you want to get your point across, bold text, underlining or italics are better as they draw the attention but not the ire of other members.

I just skimmed (guilty) this topic so if someone wrote this already, sorry.

There is no such thing as a tiger gourami. That is a dwarf gourami. Please look it up, I don't know how well it will get along with that parrot when the parrot gets bigger.

Also, $35-$49.99?!?!?!?!?! I can get a full grown blood parrot for $5... $7.99 at petsmart for the ones with convict looking stripes.

And imo, 20 gallons isn't big enough.

The Tiger Gourami is just another name for the Dwarf. It's no more wrong than calling them Dwarves, just confuses the matter more. If you want to get technical, their appropriate name is Colisa lalia. :)

Yes, but colisia lalia encorporates all the color morphs, which is like 10 fish. That color is just the dwarf gourami color, not flame or neon or anything else. So I called it that.

Also, I've never heard of a dwarf gourami being refered to as a tiger gourami, sorry.

Angel,

That has to be the cutest face on a fish I have ever seen!!!! :wub: :wub: It looks like it is waiting on someone to give it a kiss! The third pic is the best by far, but all of the are great!! I just wanna pinch those fat little cheeks!!! It even looks like it throwing up a fin to say "HI" just toooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!! :wub:

My bigger BP was purple when I got him.....he was the last one of a group of dyed BPs a family owned FS around here had gotten in and I was somewhat pressured into buying him from the help :/ I got reamed for buying him too.....from people around here, but this was over a year ago and we have all since skated on neutral territory when it comes to my BPs....

My baby one is NOT dyed and was around $7.00 at Petsmart. S/he is SOOOO cute....was quite small too and had no mouth deformities like my older one :sad: It was mostly brown when I bought him/her but is now more orange than brown.

BPS are many times born tan, brown, black or gray and will many times change to a pink/orange or red or yellow color when growing and old. Sometimes BPs will remain brown or dark and sometimes they will be sort of calico whe old. It really just depends!! BPs aren't usually born white and stay white....I've actually never seen a white one :blink:

But yes, they are stripped of their slime coat in an acid bath them dipped for seconds into a big tank of dyed water then dipped into a mix that is suppose to regenerate their coat.....YA RIGHT!!!! 8 out of 10 dye from the process alone and 1 out of 10 dye soon after so that leaves only 10% that live through it!!! The one that makes it a year or two probably won't live as long as his non-dyed counterpart though either so the whole process is rediculous if you ask me.

You can buy pretty blue cichlids if that is what you are looking for.....or purple or green or yellow...... But the Blood Parrot's natural coloring is very beautiful I think and is bright and vibrant.....there is no need to buy a colored one :dunno:

;)

PS....see my sig. for a pict. of both my BPs :wub: :wub:

angel_eyes0857 said:
(nice bike ^ up there in the pic) i love bikes

yup, i know that everyone has their own opinion. I think these fish are absolutely amazing and gorgeous. Some people don't agree with dyeing them, and some people do agree. To me, I don't dwell on the fact that it was colored by man, I think of the fact that it is a beautiful fish, with a great personality.
Yes there are many fish out there that have great personalities, I have one in my 10 gallon. my silver molly with black spots. Great fish to have. Along with my blue parrot fish.
I didn't start this thread to have an arguement about dyeing fish, I started it to show off the new addition to my house. I would appreciate it if people wouldn't ruin my thread with unneccesary remarks. If you don't agree with it, or don't like the pictures that I posted, then don't reply to start a commotion.
I have my opinion, and it's not changing.

I will keep you updated, for those of you who care, I haven't had any problems with this fish yet, and everything is so far so good! You take it day by day, just like I do with the other tank.
How the hell would you fell if you got your skin peeled off with some acid painted to look blue or somthing and then put in a chemical to quick growth your skin back.

Sorry I havent read the whole thread but you sound like you are supporting dyeied fish and that makes me :sick: :sick: :sick:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Back