Parasites - Worm Type Squatters

simplespud

New Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hey,

Does anyone know if there is a list of parasites that can inhabit a tropical fish tank?
The reason I ask, is because i found some small coiled worm type 'things' attached to the cucumber which I feed my fish once a week.
I have never seen anything like them before - mind you, only been keeping tropical fish for 6 months, so still very new to it all.
I fed the cucumber to them last night and when I went to pull the remains out today, there they were - at least six of them, attached to the cucumber remains - coiled but would be at tops - 2 to 3mm in length if uncoiled. They appeared to be transparent with a large red vein or colouration around them. They must have been feeding on the cucumber as there were too many to be a coincidence.

Any help or pointer in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks

Si
 

Most reactions

Back
Top