Paradise Fish Breeding Journal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Paradise3

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
So I was asked if I would be keeping a journal on my paradise fish breeding and I said 'Sure!' So here it is. I will try to update it as much as I can.
This is the first nest that Buster(the male)built, in these photo's you can see the eggs.
Top View
Photo0886.jpg

Side View
Photo0889.jpg

Then this is a photo from when the babies first hatched, you can just see tiny black dots scattered across the suface.
Babies
Photo0898.jpg

I haven't got any recent pictures of the babies because they won't stay still now that they are free swimming.
However, dad has started building another nest and Sophiera(female)is full of eggs again.
This photo is Sophiera checking out the nest youcan see how fat she is, she wasn't actually adding any bubbles.
Photo0911.jpg

Then this is a front view, sort of.
Photo0914.jpg

I will try to get some pictures of the older babies and I will get some pictures of the newer ones when they hatch.

Cheers,
Paradise<3!

Great, I can't wait to keep an eye on this space and the progress of your little fellas! :D

Like I said, I'll try and update it as much as possible.

Cheers,
Paradise<3!

How are the little guys doing now?

Still well I hope! :D

Awww. Sounds cute :D What are they being fed on?

They are being fed on Hikari first bites. They are all doing well and growing up nicely. Some of them are darker than others so who knows what I'll get because dad was an albino and mum was red and blue.

Cheers,
Paradise<3!

They are being fed on Hikari first bites. They are all doing well and growing up nicely. Some of them are darker than others so who knows what I'll get because dad was an albino and mum was red and blue.

Cheers,
Paradise<3!
Fascinated to find out what colour they will turn out to be!
Have you lost any babies so far to the filter? I'd be careful :look:

Cheers,
Paradise<3!
Fascinated to find out what colour they will turn out to be!
Have you lost any babies so far to the filter? I'd be careful :look:

Not lost any to the filter but about 2 have died of natural causes, probably because they weren't the strongest of the lot.

EDIT: Here's a recent picture of the older guys. It's a bit bigger than the rest so you can see them clearly.
Photo0922.jpg

Cheers,
Paradise<3!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back