Panda Corydoras "Choking" (finished, it died :( )

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Kyshiara

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have a young panda corydoras, and suddenly it starts swimming around on it's side. I took it out, gave it a salt bath, and now it is in my quarantine tank. I have added a little bit of salt to that tank too.
It is sitting upright on the bottom, but when it tries to swim it is very wobbly.

Water is fine, tank is cycled.

It looks fine.

Help!

I can't really offer too much here. But I know that the people who know more than me airways want to know the water parameters before they try to figure anything out.

Ok.
The water is hard, pH 6.8, no ammonia, nitrite and nitrate are fine.
I don't know exact details but i got my water tested by a trusted store and it was all fine as usual.

I really need help, I think it is very close to death, lying on side and hardly breating, not moving!

Ok.
The water is hard, pH 6.8, no ammonia, nitrite and nitrate are fine.
I don't know exact details but i got my water tested by a trusted store and it was all fine as usual.

I really need help, I think it is very close to death, lying on side and hardly breating, not moving!
If you look on your water company website, that can tell you the numbers for water hardness.

Close to death fish, stops breating then does one big breath, breaths, stops, one big breath, breath, stops etc.
HELP!!

Hard water is unusual with a pH below 7.

What does your water company's website say? remember that they always make water sound harder than it really is which is why you need a number, and the unit of measurement as UK water companies use different units from fish profiles.

The reason for asking is that cories are soft water fish. If your water really is hard, that could be part of the problem but if it's actually soft, it won't be. (My water company says my water is 'slightly hard' but it's 6.96 dH/German degrees which is soft)

All my other cories have been fine for 2 years in the same water.
(sorry i snap at people when i'm stressed and im REALLY stressed.)

Close to death fish, stops breathing then does one big breath, breaths, stops, one big breath, breath, stops etc.
HELP!!
Looks like it's choking but I don't think it is as it hasn't eaten for a day (since I fed them last)

Pictures and videos of the fish in question?
How long have you had this fish?
Have you added anything new to the tank recently?
How big is the tank? What are the other inhabitants?

Pictures on the way.
4 odd months
4 danios all healthy
60l
7 zebra danios, 3 pandas, 1 guppy, 1 sprakling gour. 1 croaking gour. 1 BN pleco.

I don't think it will live.

Did you quarantine the dainos before adding them to your tank? How long ago did you add them?

I can't get a video

Attachments

• IMG_20220906_174510.jpg
    IMG_20220906_174510.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 36
Did you quarantine the dainos before adding them to your tank? How long ago did you add them?
No I couldn't, my 3 danios were killing each other because they needed more.
About two days ago.
It's not a disease (what the corie has)

I can't get a video
A video really would be the most helpful thing here. Take one on your phone, upload it to YouTube, and share it from there. I'm sorry that you're having problems, people here are doing their best to help I assure you :)

Barely breathing

Attachments

• 1662482898741731024323489769176.jpg
    1662482898741731024323489769176.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 23

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back