Panda cory with white spike growing on his nose?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Sadriana96

Reaction score
87E14449-5050-4842-BF36-584DB627EF14.jpeg
0FDAD677-801C-4BEF-9D52-CBF5EF1FE127.jpeg
I noticed this yesterday. White spike looking thing growing on one panda nose. Looks like a baby unicorn horn!!! I cannot find any info anywhere. He's acting fine swimming and eating...
15 gal tank. 3 panda and one dwarf frog. Parameters all good. Zero ammonia and zero nitrites. 10 nitrates. Ph 6.8-7.0.
What is this? How can I get rid of it? It's not furry.... Wish I could post a video of him /her...

it's unicornus growthus, a genetic mutation where your fish turns into a sea pony.
only kidding :)

Can you post another pic from the front of the fish?

The fish might have damaged its nose on something and the growth is swelling, bruising or fungus.

If you post a video on youtube you can copy the link here for us to view :)

CF90EE8F-AB54-4EE1-AF33-D3265F37B3B9.jpeg
Hi there. That's funny!!! Lol
Here is the YouTube link. Dunno if it's any better...
It just didn't look like a dot... It's like he's getting a tooth !! Lol

It just looks like a bruise/ swelling from grubbing about in the gravel. Corydoras have soft whiskers and noses and damage them on hard sharp gravel. And your little guy seems to be pretty active when it comes to sticking his nose in the gravel.

Monitor it over the next few days and if it gets worse then maybe add some medication. But post on here again before you get any medication.

Oh OK.... It's just so weird that its sticking up and out from his nose and not flat.. Thanks for reply and I'll update in a week?
:/
1C502396-193A-4BC8-989D-05DF001FDE74.jpeg

Hi all. Update.... Cory white unicorn horn getting smaller. Now just looks like a white dot and it is flush with his body yay!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back