paleatus tank mates

Good man, I'll enjoy reading that later :good:

@AdoraBelle Dearheart had an article once about ottos schooling with corydoras in the wild
Here ya go: https://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/features/keeping-otocinclus-catfish-in-the-aquarium/

The part you're thinking of;
"
"Copycats

In South America, Otocinclus are usually found in low diversity streams in which characins such as Astyanax cruise the open water and Crenicichla lurk in the shadows. Four of the southern species are often found among or near to similarly patterned corydoradine catfishes, and several scientists suspect they are involved in mimetic relationships.

Otocinclus affinis is paired with Corydoras nattereri and Scleromystax prionotus, (O. flexilis) with C. paleatus, O. mimulus with C. diphyes and O. xakriaba with juvenile C. garbei."

Article goes on to say "If looking to add more authenticity to your aquarium biotope then add one of these mimetic pairs and watch how they interact, if at all, when a potential predator lurks."

Here ya go: https://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/features/keeping-otocinclus-catfish-in-the-aquarium/

The part you're thinking of;
"
"Copycats

In South America, Otocinclus are usually found in low diversity streams in which characins such as Astyanax cruise the open water and Crenicichla lurk in the shadows. Four of the southern species are often found among or near to similarly patterned corydoradine catfishes, and several scientists suspect they are involved in mimetic relationships.

Otocinclus affinis is paired with Corydoras nattereri and Scleromystax prionotus, (O. flexilis) with C. paleatus, O. mimulus with C. diphyes and O. xakriaba with juvenile C. garbei."

C. paleatus! I know you were worried about if they would be okay with your cories. Turns out that they may even feel safer with your cories around, or at least it will mimic their natural habitat even more.

Article goes on to say "If looking to add more authenticity to your aquarium biotope then add one of these mimetic pairs and watch how they interact, if at all, when a potential predator lurks."
That's crazy! Might get some :thumbs:, I love otos!

I said corydoras were rad, not the best -_-. That being said if anything could give dwarf cichlids a run for their money it would be corydoras :hooray:
Nice save! I like it.

Lol yes, I do really want some cories. Have been getting used to having a softer water tank, and will have to ask LFS if he ever gets any pygmies in, or can do so. Also want to get a few more otos to up my school number again.

Scissortail rasbora, I think will go that low. But white clouds are the obvious choice, You need something fast enough to stay away from the paradise fish

Scissortail rasbora, I think will go that low. But white clouds are the obvious choice, You need something fast enough to stay away from the paradise fish
I was just throwing out names with the paradise fish. Are minnows fast enough?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back