paleatus tank mates

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

HoldenOn

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Hey all!
My 29 is done cycling (175 GH) and I have a few questions about fish that can live with my corydoras paleatus. These guys like it chilly so I don't usually heat their tank. I was going to get dwarf cichlids but I'm afraid it will be to hot/cold for one of the species. I don't know of any other low/sub 70°F fish. All suggestions appreciated.

I'm in a similar position and considering tetra to keep it a s.american setup. Of the tetra that can go down to 20c (I'll be keeping the tank 20-22c), so far I've found Lemon, Black Neon, Phantom and Green Line Lizard

I'm in a similar position and considering tetra to keep it a s.american setup. Of the tetra that can go down to 20c (I'll be keeping the tank 20-22c), so far I've found Lemon, Black Neon, Phantom and Green Line Lizard
Those Green Line Lizard ones are really cool! I'll definitely look into these.

Heard all good things about Lemon too. And I don't think you can go off pics or what they look like in the shop to truly appreciate how they colour up once they're settled and happy in your tank

Heard all good things about Lemon too. And I don't think you can go off pics or what they look like in the shop to truly appreciate how they colour up once they're settled and happy in your tank
Do you know any larger fish that go this low?

There's Paradise fish. Rainbow fish but they need hard water.

To be honest, you could get away with keeping the Peppereds at 24c.. I just prefer to give them exactly what they need. It can limit your choices. I imagine most keep them at 24c.

There's Paradise fish. Rainbow fish but they need hard water.

To be honest, you could get away with keeping the Peppereds at 24c.. I just prefer to give them exactly what they need. It can limit your choices. I imagine most keep them at 24c.
Yea, I see what you mean. I just love them so much I want to provide them with what they would usually get.

Quite a few rasbora can be kept down to 20c but they're usually quite small, apart from the scissor tail. I went down the barb route but they ended up nipping my cories, you might have a different experience though. Barbs need a fair amount of space though (3ft+) with them being very active

@mbsqw1d I just looked at SF, and goodness! Guppies are water parameter beasts! Kind of want to get them, and they are south american!

@mbsqw1d I just looked at SF, and goodness! Guppies are water parameter beasts! Kind of want to get them, and they are south american!
If you can get some that haven't come from fish farms, go for it

He has this huge thing in the back, he deworms and then puts them in a bunch of 20 gallon longs all next to each other. It's so cool.

@mbsqw1d check out this article I found about fish directly from the lower Paraná River basin (where the corydoras are from)

Found these guys melanorivulus giarettai, super cool!

@mbsqw1d check out this article I found about fish directly from the lower Paraná River basin (where the corydoras are from)

Found these guys melanorivulus giarettai, super cool!
Good man, I'll enjoy reading that later :good:

@AdoraBelle Dearheart had an article once about ottos schooling with corydoras in the wild

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back