Pakastani Loach?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Alanky

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Me being the loach lover I am I noticed some new loaches at the LFS today. They had them labeled as Pakastani loaches, but the worker said they were Yo-Yo loaches. They were almost a silver color with black patterns. Anybody have any information on these? Im thinking of adding a couple to one of my tanks. Are they aggressive at all? thanks in advance!

Alan

The Pakistani Loach and Yo-Yo loach are both common names for the same fish! They are actually milder mannered then many Botia species.

hi
we have 2 yoyos & theyre gorgeous fish always nosing around in the gravel. i believe they can grow to about 9cm or so & i have seen some this size in the lfs (their colours get darker as they mature) we have them in a community tank & have had no problems with aggression but they are still quite small one
--------------------------- big & one ------------------- size. ive read quite a bit on them & a lot of folk call them semi aggressive so we're hoping not to have any probs as ours get older.

be careful with filter outlets if you get some - we lost 1 in our filter :( as they love trying to swim up into little holes/tunnels. we have since covered the outlet with mesh so hopefully we wont have another horrible loss

Most reactions

trending

Back