Overstocked? Aqadvisor thinks so?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

samsss

Reaction score
heavily planted tank , 20 gallon hex, wood spiraling up to the surface. Giant Anubias breaking up the bottom /middle. Java mosses atached to the walls-

Dwarf gourami

5 sun plates

1 small rubber lipped pleco

5 Cory catfish. Aqadvisor has me at 147, with 200 percent over filtration. I have a hob with media and a sponge filter as well. It is 90 percent stocked in a 20 gallon long. There are so many nooks and crannies. The platies are up. The city’s are down. The other two are wild cards. Your thoughts??

What are the tank dimensions (length x width x height)?

Hexagonal tanks have a smaller surface area and the fish are more confined and have less swimming room.

I will say possibly overstocked due to the surface area being too small for cories and platies.

I have found AqAdvisor to be pretty conservative.

This tank is overstocked. The five platies on their own need larger tanks than even a regular rectangular 20g. And five cories should have more substrate area.

As for the pleco, if this is the species Chaestoma milesi it will attain around 5 to 7 inches. This will have a considerable impact on this tank's biology. This fish need a larger tank.

This tank is overstocked. The five platies on their own need larger tanks than even a regular rectangular 20g. And five cories should have more substrate area.

As for the pleco, if this is the species Chaestoma milesi it will attain around 5 to 7 inches. This will have a considerable impact on this tank's biology. This fish need a larger tank.

Cory’s have been moved to fifty gallon. Just 5 platies. The rubberlip will get 4.8 and move to the fifty when he is bigger . Platys seem ok at the moment. Tank is broken up and they like to expore

thank you for the help. Local pet shop is full of crap. my plants are doing well at least...

Attachments

• 0-19.jpg
    0-19.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 165
  • 0-20.jpg
    0-20.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 157
Nice tank! You should enter it in the tank of the month contest. I believe deadline is today for April’s contest.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back